Search results

1. MichalS

Thank you Paolo, with such a courteous opponent as you anytime!

Thank you Paolo, with such a courteous opponent as you anytime!
  2. MichalS

ASLEU 2024 - Rome - 21-23 June 2024

Dear Paolo, Francesco, Mario and all others - thank you for creating such a warm and friendly atmosphere and contributing to a well organised tournament! It was a pleasure having been able to participate!
  3. MichalS

The Arnhem ASL Tournament is back! September 12-15 2024

I actually find the dice and dice tower rules cited above constructive and the organiser apparently tries to provide equipment for those who do not want to invest into such items. Why they are constructive in my opinion: For those who do care about dice it is a bigger problem that their...
  4. MichalS

Thank you Paolo, that makes sense. I can confirm that I also witnessed attempts to agree on a scenario (from the provided selection) quickly and without the bidding system. I find your proposed system still gives enough incentive not to deviate from the fixed scenario (as you might lose the...
  5. MichalS

Does this list imply there will be no scenario bidding?
  6. MichalS

Anybody willing to share a double room?
  7. MichalS

The Arnhem ASL Tournament is back! September 12-15 2024

Luckily I only have it 4 hrs by train! (I was hoping for a partisan armored train but alas...)
  8. MichalS

ASL Players in Northern Germany

Hi, I am based in Bremen and currently saddled with a newborn, a meet in Hamburg (or Bremen for that matter) for a short scenario could be doable. If not, let's keep in touch!
  9. MichalS

ASL in North Germany

Hello Torsten, It seems there is a couple of us in the area - I am based in Bremen, Andreas in Bremerhaven, Lars and you, Torsten, north of Hamburg. If we find a suitable location I would be up for occasional meetups or even a regular monthly gaming weekend. Best, Michal
  10. MichalS

Cancelled: Brückenkopf 2023 - ASL Fest in May 2023 in Northwest Germany

Thank you guys! It looks like I will be well received in the area!
  11. MichalS

Cancelled: Brückenkopf 2023 - ASL Fest in May 2023 in Northwest Germany

Those are good news. I am moving to Bremen over the next months.
  12. MichalS

conjunction what's your function?

You mean that my "or" is a logical systems language's XOR - and that for the rules text, we might need both. I have no quibble with that. (I think that "or" to mean inclusive* and "OR" to mean exclusive would have been more elegant, but that is not my main argument.) I am saying that in this...
  13. MichalS

That is indeed correct. To me the formulation with the conjunction is clear, but I understand how it might caused problems for some (I had to discuss this with my opponent who interpreted the VC incorrectly). And I think the cause of the problem - in this particular case - lies partly in the...
  14. MichalS

I don't think so. First of all, CC19 is a building. Second, if I control CC19 and 1 to 2 other buildings, I would still fulfil the first VC.
  15. MichalS

Had a problem recently with exactly this formulation of VC - The Red House (RB7) scenario: “The Russians win at game end by Controlling building CC19 and/or >= 4 buildings in the German setup area.” The funny thing is, CC19 is in the German setup area and the "and/or" formulation just adds...
  16. MichalS

Latest MMP release

I applaud the FW and BFP-tested approach of several boards together depicting one terrain feature. It leads towards terrain configurations which are not possible on a single map board. This particular one seems quite busy, but interesting. Can't wait to try it out. And none, as far as I can...
  17. MichalS

Death Ride Kursk by Grognard Simulations.

Neither bought, nor played. I was seriously considering the Grossdeutschland base game (v2.0 2016) and the XLVIII PzK Enhancements though. I would decide for this one for several reasons, one being that the Totenkopf base game was never updated to the newer rules - the designer started...
  18. MichalS

I think we are seeing the last of the Olympic games

Or authoritarian countries, where the Olympics become a project of improving public image vis a vis the international community at huge costs to the home population (not to speak of additional opportunity to stomp down on civil activists).
  19. MichalS

Supporting Fire 2021 November 19-21

I concur. Would be no-go for me too.
  20. MichalS

Underbelly hits

The snap shot across hedges TSR I think relates not to entering but leaving the hex. The problem is that if the ATTACKER moves from a hex with a hedge hexside turned toward an enemy unit across a distant hexside (towards the back and out of LOS), in principle the DEFENDER can still fire a snap...