1. sswann

Three Steve Swann Scenario Packs

You are Correct!
  2. sswann

WOW again. Just wheat fields in Kansas
  3. sswann

Robin WOW! Just looked at Google Earth. You live in a VERY beautiful place in this world. I went through Switzerland once, but it was a med-vac flight and only had time to eat breakfast.
  4. sswann

OK, here is my official answer. Any ASL resource that I place in the ASL Resource area is Free and I release any copyright on them. Any of my pass scenarios published by MMP, LFT, BFP, Dispatches From The Bunker and HOB are covered by the publishers copyright since I released the scenarios to...
  5. sswann

FT110 PT-109

Rename the scenario PT-59.
  6. sswann

FT110 PT-109

Just checked again. The US Navy history I used is no longer in print. It is possible the Kennedy was reassigned a new PT-boat (# unknown) USMC History can be found in the 'Internet Archive' website. https://archive.org/
  7. sswann

FT110 PT-109

Went back and checked my USMC History books... Date is correct according to USMC History. Below is a direct (copied) quote about PT-109 from... Isolation of Rabaul HISTORY OF U.S. MARINE CORPS OPERATIONS IN WORLD WAR, VOLUME II; page 202 "Even as the fierce exchange continued, the Marines...
  8. sswann

FT110 PT-109

Referenced used was the official US Navy History of WW2 from 25 years ago. But the action is historical as listed in the US Marine Corps history of WW2. The ref to PT-109 could possibility be incorrect but the scenario is an actual withdrawal action.
  9. sswann

FT110 PT-109

Yes, map 37 is on top (North) The hill on 37 is Overlay #2 placed as listed in SSR 1.
  10. sswann

French FT-17 Information

Yes, they all helped. Many thanks
  11. sswann

The hazards of on-site HASL research

I visited the INOR, France battlefield with the LFT crew prior to the module completion. It was very enjoyable and non-threatening. The only problems I ran into were the ones I brought with me... ... heart attack and cardiac rehab. If any of you ever visit France, you should take the...
  12. sswann

New members introduce yourself here!

surviving a "widowmaker" IS an act of God. I give thanks every day for mine... I will add you to my prayers.
  13. sswann

French FT-17 Information

Thank you very much!
  14. sswann

French FT-17 Information

Can anyone provide references for the Vichy French use of the FT-17 tank in combat during Operation Torch (Nov 1942).
  15. sswann

LFT16 FT333 Good Enough? Question

Correct, no PTO in effect. When I looked up the terrain environment of Goodenougth Island The immediate lowland forest was easy traveling. The only addition I would make is that the Grain symbol should be considered as "Tall Grass" or (in other words) grain is In Season. Goodenougth Island is...
  16. sswann

FT278 Toridasu - what Orchard?

Change map to LFT6 with same orientation.
  17. sswann

FT278 Toridasu - what Orchard?

It appears that the map is incorrect OR the map is mislabeled.
  18. sswann

Any instructions on the proper way to print out the Operation Turnscrew map from DftB #44?

Any printing shop that does advertisement printing can do it.
  19. sswann

Set up an old TV for VASL.

With a large flat TV, you can have an instantly changeable map even while using actual counters
  20. sswann

Sources for historical maps

For maps , try this link... https://maps.lib.utexas.edu/maps/guam.html