Search results

1. Hexagoner

French Laffly W15T

Great info, all. If that think actually does have APCR, it would be a stone-cold killer in 1940, even accounting for the weirdness of firing through the RVCA only.
  2. Hexagoner

French Laffly W15T

Thanks Klas. Any clue on the 47L?
  3. Hexagoner

French Laffly W15T

Looking at note 19 for this vehicle, 2 things seem strange - the gun and the armor. The 47L gun seems to be the same as French ordnance note 6 - which only fires APCR. But no mention of that in note 19. Should there be? Then in the note 19 text "Aside from being open stopped over the gun, the...
  4. Hexagoner

Text not appearing

Yes. The undo button.
  5. Hexagoner

Text not appearing

I can confirm that I seem to be able to reliably not have the problem and have the problem - depending on using the "back up one line" button is VASL. If I start a log and never press it, I never see the problem. Right after I press the "back up one line button" the problem starts and stays...
  6. Hexagoner

Text not appearing

Im playing RO CG1. Both me and my opponent have seen this. He just told me it started right after pressing the button to back up 1 line. I have no idea if thats causing it or one of the things that causes it, but it is likely another symptom.
  7. Hexagoner

Text not appearing

I'm confident that this will be reliably fixed at some point in the future. Pretty clear it isn't really understood up to now. But some day, someone among lots of smart guys will figure it out. The key is hanging in there until then.
  8. Hexagoner

Text not appearing

Well, from this thread and what others have said, it appears that we (collectively) have no idea what actually causes this problem and what reliably fixes it.
  9. Hexagoner

Text not appearing

I don't have chatter-plus either, but Doug's comment about extensions got me thinking. I found when I disabled the following extensions, the problem went away: terrain chart 1.2.1 PTOterrain festung-budapest-1.2 oba-flowchart I was unable to isolate it further. When I re-enabled them one at a...
  10. Hexagoner

Text not appearing

I have the exact same problem. I'm running VASSAL 3.6.14 and the very evil VASL 6.6.6. Could not see the Dropbox link.
  11. Hexagoner

Hex Overlays Prevent Moving Counters in the Hex

My opponent always has the overlay on the bottom, no matter what. He says he never needs to do the down arrow with the overlay selected. Any idea how that happens automatically?
  12. Hexagoner

Thanks - yes that made the difference. Is there some way to always make the overlays default to the bottom when placed? Or do I need to move each overlay individually that way? Thanks, Tom
  13. Hexagoner

I'm having a problem when playing VASL RO CG1, VASL 6.6.4, VASSAL 3.6.7 If there are counters in a hex and a control marker overlay is placed in the hex, the counters cannot be moved or changed in any way until the overlay is either deleted or moved to another hex. My opponent is using the same...
  14. Hexagoner

‘Best’ large scenario?

CtR 17 "Clearing the Badlands" The most fun monster scenario Ive ever played. The American player must play very aggressively and plan 2-3 turns in advance to have a shot. Several very different VCs must all be achieved. Uses the entire CtR map. Played it as each side, and enjoyed both sides...
  15. Hexagoner

RF O11.6194(b) Reserve Cloaking

Hmmm not quite the answer I was looking for. This is daytime.
  16. Hexagoner

RF O11.6194(b) Reserve Cloaking

A cloaking counter has LOS to an unconcealed enemy stack 3 hexes away. Can the cloaking counter move away without putting cloaking contents onboard?
  17. Hexagoner

Entry condition interpretation

Scenario J142 (Penny Packets) has a turn 1 entry condition that says "Enter on Turn 1 along the north or south edge on/east of hexrow Y". The word "or" is in italics. Does that mean that entry along both edges is possible, or only along one edge (north or south edge, by choice).
  18. Hexagoner

Hindrance on intermediate slope

A firing unit is 5 hexes away from a target unit, on a same level. The firing unit is upslope and the target has no slope hexsides. The LOS crosses brush depiction in an intermediate hex that is 2 hexes away from the firing unit. The LOS passes through an upslope hexside in the brush hex. Does...
  19. Hexagoner

WP NOBA overlay problem

There seems to be a problem with the VASL WP NOBA overlay. It moves and rotates fine, but the WP level doesn't transition correctly. Once when I rotated it, the appearance went from WP+2 to WP +1. Also, once it changes to WP +1, I can't get it to return to WP +2?
  20. Hexagoner

ASL Bell Tolls

I'm thinking maybe this should be a sticky thread. What I'm hoping is people will post names of ASL players who have passed over the years. Please add names that do not appear in previous posts. I'll start off with a friend who I've played many times when I lived in SoCal: Cloyde Angell, RIP