Search results

1. hayman

Relearning Japanese Part 3: Jungle Infiltration ASL J132

Thanks JR, so even if the attack doesn't succeed (i.e. the DC wasn't detonated) the DC disappears regardless?
  2. hayman

Game Turn 4 – In Rally, again the Japanese reinforcements fail to appear; the two Japanese ½ squads recombine under the 8-0 leader. The Marine squads attempt to find dropped Japanese SW’s in their hexes, but are unsuccessful. In PrepFire, the 2nd line LMG squad fires...
  3. hayman

Game Turn 3 – In Rally, no Japanese reinforcements arrive; the non-DM ½ squad fails the rally; the DM Marine squad successfully rallies under the 9-1 leader. In PrepFire, The Japanese LMG squad fires 6(0) at the concealed unit in the adjacent kunai hex for no result...
  4. hayman

Game Turn 2 – No Japanese reinforcements this turn; the squad with 2 DC’s successfully deploys under the 9-0 leader at the right rear. To start the Movement Phase, the left flank concealed units all AM forward. The central full squad enters the kunai, but DFFire from...
  5. hayman

Game Turn 1 – Gusts appear straight away. No Rally actions. The concealed units on the Japanese left flank all pass their Movement Rolls (for starting in dense jungle) and move within two hexes of the Marine line. A squad in the centre goes CX & bumps the...
  6. hayman

ASL 132 Jungle Infiltration Pre-Game – In this scenario, the Japanese attack (again) a Marine supply dump in front of ‘Suicide Creek’; the attackers only need 11 VP to win, with CVP earned plus each Hidden Initially Placed supply dump destroyed is worth 5 VP. I...
  7. hayman

Partial Woods as Rout Target

I agree, I think the FF7 hex in question should be treated as 'open ground' (due to the predominant & SSR nature of the hex) with a couple of blocked hexsides. Continue routing to the 'legitimate' woods hex (probably DD7).
  8. hayman

Thanks Tom, Hayman.

Thanks Tom, Hayman.
  9. hayman

PTO Partisans

There were headhunters on Borneo led by British & Australian officers, but the Europeans were on the island more for intelligence gathering and to 'show the flag', than actually organise combat resistance. In 1945, the locals did attack the Japanese on the island, but not with modern weaponry...
  10. hayman

Relearning Japanese Part 2: Cibik's Ridge ASL 67

Post-Game – Wow, I thought my Japanese were in a very good position around Turn 3, but it only took the U.S. troops between Turn 3 & Turn 6 to destroy most of them. The high Rate of Fire weapons dwindled the attackers away via striping & CR’s, with all but one CC going...
  11. hayman

Game Turn 6 – The Japanese still have 3 turns of movement to capture another 7 level-3 hill hexes, a tough ask on the attackers, with every second break losing another CV Point. Gusts occur this turn; the left rear broken Japanese ½ squad self-rallies and the 10-0...
  12. hayman

Game Turn 5 – With 4 turns to go, and no level-3 hexes conquered, the Japanese prepare to assault & take ground. The Japanese ½ squad on the left rear flank fails to self-rally; the ½ squad in the centre fails to rally under the 10-0 officer. No Japanese PrepFire...
  13. hayman

Game Turn 4 – In Rally, the broken Japanese ½ squad in the dense jungle is rallied by the wounded leader. In PrepFire, the 2 squad + LMG stack on the hillside path fire 16(+1) at the adjacent Marine ½ squad for a 2MC that pins the U.S. unit. In Movement, the ½ squad...
  14. hayman

Game Turn 3 – No Rally actions; no PrepFire. Movement starts with the berserker ‘charging’ the last known position of a U.S. unit, but stops in the dense jungle with no LOS to an enemy unit (berserk status removed). The squad on the Japanese left gains the hill & is...
  15. hayman

Game Turn 2 – No Rally or PrepFire activity for the Japanese. Movement sees the berserker charge through the kunai: the U.S. LtMtr team hold fire until the enemy are adjacent; a 6(-1) shot is an ignored PTC result, followed by a 2(-1) SFFire shot that has no effect...
  16. hayman

Game Turn 1 – In the Japanese Movement Phase, the Marine ½ squad lying on the main trail fires, with no effect, on the head of the first column, disbanding it. On the Japanese right flank, a surprise mortar round gains a CH straight away, but the 2MC sends the full...
  17. hayman

ASL 67 ‘Cibik’s Ridge’ Pre-Game – Here is the second instalment of ‘re-learning Japanese’. This scenario is an ‘oldie’ (like me) from the early PTO era, with more terrain variants than the previous scenario (Strongpoint 11), including dense jungle (but light...
  18. hayman

ASL annual 92 Comando Campaign. ASL ?

Well dredged up, thedrake. Page 17 (blink & you'll miss it) converts the SL purchase points to ASL.
  19. hayman

Desperate for Desperation Morale

Whoa, tell us what you really think, Scott.:D
  20. hayman

What is the situation concerning the battle for Southern Stalingrad?

I'm no expert, but I think that the majority of Stalingrad's western & southern areas were over run during the first couple of weeks fighting in the city proper, hence why the slugging matches for the eastern factories & rail station, etc gets all the attention (as it took months of fighting to...