Search results

1. Dr Zaius

China retaliating against Canada and the West

You're right, we got f'kd royally. And now dealing with this mess could ultimately destabilize a big chunk of the world market. So we either force China to change (unlikely) or stop doing business with them (painful). The WTO has turned out to not only be a bad joke, but the Chinese very...
  2. Dr Zaius

Pelosi to unilaterally postpone the State of the Union

Every Republican that I know is ecstatic that the Democrats continue to keep Pelosi at the helm.
  3. Dr Zaius

Clinton’s cover story for her illness further proves her first instinct is to lie

So it's always the fault of the Republicans, no matter who controls what or what the issues are. I see. That's very convenient, but I think it's a bit more complicated than that. The short answer is because they suck. The long answer is that they're a bunch of cowardly nitwits who are...
  4. Dr Zaius

Electronics and many goods from China are up about 25% in the US due to the trade dispute. That's fine with me. Apple and the other electronics companies need to be encouraged to bring it back home. Phones made in China are hardwired for spying anyway. Understand, I have nothing against the...
  5. ‘John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum’ Official Trailer (2019)

‘John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum’ Official Trailer (2019)

Watch the official trailer for the action-packed sequel “John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum,” starring Keanu Reeves, Halle Berry, Mark Dacascos, Ian McShane, ...
  6. Dr Zaius

We didn’t sign “a deal” the US and other Weatern nations extended China an olive branch of friendship to help it become more prosperous. In return, China responded with thievery and aggression. As I said, the world won’t make the mistake of trusting China ever again.
  7. Dr Zaius

You can spre us that tired horseshit. The United States gave China decades of favorable trade deals as a result of Most Favorored Trade Nation status. This favored trade status was extended to China in spite of the fact this did great harm to existing US companies. In return, China waged...
  8. Dr Zaius

Top has it right: China is an enemy of the West. I’ve been saying that for years, and people keep telling me I’m a reactionary and that the Chinese aren’t really communists any more, having outgrown their autocratic ways. Which even to the most obtuse observer must now been seen as rubbish. The...
  9. Dr Zaius

Huge battles

I'm sure someone out there has done it. Would like to see an AAR of that.
  10. Dr Zaius

Is Google manipulating search results?

So what do we do about it? The hell of it is, I do use Facebook because it's a powerful tool and a great way to reach people. Is it being misused? Sure. I also buy things from Amazon. It's super convenient, fast, reliable, and gives access to a massive selection of products. Is it destroying...
  11. Dr Zaius

When did shaving become political?: How to destroy your company in 1 minute 48 seconds

Well as usual, you're wrong and seem intent on attributing nefarious motivations to what are relatively ordinary opinions. And as I said earlier, I think it would be appalling to have either conservative or liberal politics crammed down societies throat in everyday products and advertisement...
  12. Dr Zaius

Is Google manipulating search results?

I was at a restaurant last night and ended up sitting at a table by myself for a little while waiting for my wife to arrive. And as I looked around, I couldn't help notice that the people at about half the tables weren't paying attention to each other at all. Instead of talking or otherwise...
  13. Dr Zaius

The most popular president ever

Make what you will of the poll results published in Time Magazine. Not sure what to make of it, assuming it means anything at all.
  14. Dr Zaius

Pelosi to unilaterally postpone the State of the Union

It used to be done in writing. We should just go back to doing it that way and save the money. It's just political theater anyways.
  15. Dr Zaius

When did shaving become political?: How to destroy your company in 1 minute 48 seconds

So if people object to getting a political lecture when they buy a product, they hate kindness. Got it. As I said earlier, defending this kind of stupidity is itself misguided and, well, just dumb.
  16. Dr Zaius

Clinton’s cover story for her illness further proves her first instinct is to lie

For the record, I think the government shutdown is a bad idea. But was it not also a bad idea in 2013 when Obama did it? Somehow, then it was painted in an entirely different light. Then, it was characterized as the fault of the Republican congress for failing to follow the president's lead.