Search results

1. Ray Woloszyn

Ice storm coming for Winter Offensive

I survived the last big snowfall at W.O. (okay, stuck in the hotel and parking lot until Monday). I am probably one of the few ASL players who has survived six winters on the Eastern Front (1996-2014) so look for me to be there.
  2. Ray Woloszyn

Winter Offensive Registration Waiver for Shutdown Victims

Could not agree more. I have never understood the bad press government employees get from certain quarters. There are bad apples everywhere.
  3. Ray Woloszyn

OK, I will have a defense more or less as I have to hustle a bit to get ready to leave Thursday...

OK, I will have a defense more or less as I have to hustle a bit to get ready to leave Thursday morning. I offered the balance so you get it. Ray
  4. Ray Woloszyn

Winter Offensive - looking for games

Check your messages! Interested in "Out of Their Element."
  5. Ray Woloszyn

Let's try "Out of their Element" [FrF74] at W.O. Russians are favored 31:24 so whoever has the...

Let's try "Out of their Element" [FrF74] at W.O. Russians are favored 31:24 so whoever has the Germans gets the balance. I have no preference so I will let you decide which side you want to play. Defender can prepare a defense to make things go quicker once we get set up. I hope this...
  6. Ray Woloszyn

armored trains

The Estonians used armored trains against the Bolsheviks in their Independence War. Check out this silent film (1927) of that conflict at 1:10:00 for scenes of one of those trains in action (at least for this movie).
  7. Ray Woloszyn

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

My wife, a retired teacher, told me recently I never would have had the patience to be an educator. One of the few times I could actually agree with her 100%. Good that you are doing this. Deutscher ASL muss wachsen!
  8. Ray Woloszyn

Winter Offensive - looking for games

Vince, check your private message from me on this board.
  9. Ray Woloszyn

Vince, Ray here. I will be there Thursday evening and would be interested in a rematch since...

Vince, Ray here. I will be there Thursday evening and would be interested in a rematch since our ASLOK game. I would want it to count for the weekend W.O. tourney if that is an option and if you agree. We can talk scenarios if I am the first to have responded.
  10. Ray Woloszyn

Got my first 2019 game in today. The Taiwanese ASL blog mentioned The Bridge of Verdalsöra [J36] as a good three player scenario and so it was. I took the defending Norwegians with British allies despite the German edge of 45 to 37 in ROAR. I figured two players on one side was enough of a...
  11. Ray Woloszyn

NC Bitter Ender in Raleigh, NC 11-14 April 2019

Look for more information in the upcoming months (official flyer, playlists, attendees). The BE will once again take place at the Ramada by Wyndham.
  12. Ray Woloszyn

Our year in ASL

The only burnout I would expect from you would be shovelling snow!
  13. Ray Woloszyn

Our year in ASL

As an accountant in retirement the last thing I want to do is to keep meticulous records but I am sure I got in over 100 games this year at the following venues in additon to local NC play: Winter Offensive, Ritter Krieg's "Where the Iron Crosses grow, Texas ASL Team Tournament, Gettysburg ASL...
  14. Ray Woloszyn

Pretty rare scenario. Not too many people were able to get this module. I have always been curious how the KE counters matched up with those of MMP later.
  15. Ray Woloszyn

Played this after ASLOK and also lost as the Canadians despite some recon fire breaking the HIP observer. The 88mm did a lot of damage as well as a late inning counterattack. Per ROAR a bit pro-German.
  16. Ray Woloszyn

I actually did not check the ROAR before playing and it could have been the G6 version. I will need to compare the two scenarios but have not done so. It was our usual weekly, friendly game and we alternate choosing scenarios with the host always choosing the scenario and taking defense...
  17. Ray Woloszyn

I played my last game of 2018 yesterday, Rockets Red Glare [195]. As many times as I have played this scenario I never had an opening as favorable as yesterday. I think I rolled seven snake eyes killing off whole squads of SS men. But Lady Luck is fickle and in desperation Dave Stephens...
  18. Ray Woloszyn

Thanks all. I am not keeping up with all the scenarios. This is now a hopeless task these days.
  19. Ray Woloszyn

I do not recognize "TAC50". What is this scenarios origin?
  20. Ray Woloszyn

Rakkasan Ruckus [RPT149] Dave Stephens took the North Koreans having played this scenario before which I sort of guessed at. I did have this elite para unit with the high firepower (a fact previously suffered by Dave) and even better, a seven morale! I gacked the U.S. setup thinking the...