Search results

1. A

Precision Dice

heh,heh,heh I know the feeling, I'm lucky if I get one game in a month but I still have a big box full of Battleschool dice :cool:
  2. A

Precision Dice

I wholeheartily recommend Chris Doary and Battleschool, FANTASTIC customer service and amazing dice I've started to build a collection of them, I never intended to (just meant to buy a basic set of backgammon dice) but once I saw just how good they are I couldn't help myself So, yep...
  3. A

Race for the Meuse

I like it, seems like we ASLers are pretty much alike then :cool:
  4. A

Race for the Meuse

I keep telling myself that it's all research material too :D I keep saying I'm going to get at least one scenario out of them but I seem to have hit a wall at the moment as I haven't been working on writing scenarios for ages, need to get back into it (course, the only problem is finding people...
  5. A

Race for the Meuse

Glad it's not just me that's starting to pile up the books:cool: all my friends tell me I have 'too many books' but I just ignore them:D
  6. A

Back home

Glad you got home okay, I hope you're going to take a break first before you dive back into working on ASL
  7. A

How to identify enemy units?

Many thanks, those links are brilliant :nod:
  8. A

You're right, getting as much information as possible from as many different sources as possible is the way to go (as is interlibrary loans clearly) I guess my problem re the (rather brilliant) Osprey Campaign books are that most of the battles I have been looking at lately are small and...
  9. A

10. A

Saying that, other than using an military atlas I don't really know how to find out what units fought in what areas at what time
  11. A

Thanks very much :nod: all good advice, yep, chipping away at it and narrowing it down bit by bit seems to be the way to go right enough I don't have much time and money for the research though :D yep, have to admit I have always found it difficult to pinpoint German units
  12. A

that forum is really good by the way, thanks for the heads up :cool:
  13. A

Thanks, good advice, not sure quite where I would find the German reports mind you, I know where to find British war diary's (and can read them) but German? I'm a bit stumped I guess (apologies for my ignorance)
  14. A

Not sure if I have asked this before or not but heck, here goes nothing I've been reading an American unit history lately and while it is very interesting and could yield scenarios I'm drawing a blank with it as it comprehensively fails to identify the German units involved, not one, nada, zip...
  15. A

BV, HP and journal 10 OoP

Ah, that must be it :D
  16. A

BV, HP and journal 10 OoP

I blame Olly, it's all his fault for buying all those extra copies;)
  17. A

MMP Social Media Co-ordinator

like that 'stuff on cats' website maybe:D or a cat in an empty ASL box:cool:
  18. A

map overviews

Many thanks guys, that is a huge help and most definetely appreciated :cool:
  19. A

map overviews

Hi guys, I know I've asked this question before but I just can't find the thread so sorry to bother you all with it again I was hoping someone could point me towards a site that might illustrate all (or the majority of) the ASL mapboards so that I don't have to actually...
  20. A

could this be a viable scenario

Hi, thanks for asking, have to be honest and say nope, I haven't been able to get any games in with anyone so no playtesting has been done by me. The playtesting that was done seemed to go okay but I couldn't read the notes as it was all in VASSAL and I cant seem to get that to load