DougRim
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Doug - Sorry to be a while getting back to you. We didn't keep a record of the results from 1-1 2023, but I know a man who did - Pete Phillips - I'm chasing him up for the data. This year, I'll be sure to send you the info hot off the press.

Cheers,

M.
    Hi Doug,

I love VASL 6.6.6. B3; how would you like to receive bugs, requests, etc.?

Ex.: The movement trail feature is great; yet, is there some way on the counter, near the counter, in the VASL log window, etc. to indicate if the feature is on or not? At the moment my opponents and I think the only way to see if it's on is to move the counter and then rewind the move if the feature is not on.

Cheers,
    EJ1
    EJ1
    DougRim
    DougRim
    Posting anywhere (GS, Discord, FB, or Github) is good. Not BGG. I don't do BGG. LOL
    DougRim
    DougRim
    The MT is unit by unit (you can select multiple units, turn it on, then move them one by one.). It displays once you turn it on but is tracking moves before that. Move a unit 3 hexes, no MT. Turn it on and the previous moves will show up.
    Hi Doug, Tuesday morning and several of us on VASL using VASSAL 3.6.9 and VASL 6.6.5 are having loading problems. Loading maps is taking for EVER, like +10 min if at all. Any news on your side? Cheers
    EJ1
    EJ1
    Replies to our private messages to others on VASSAL are reporting the same circle-of-doom problems.
    EJ1
    EJ1
    Okay, latest: we both needed to wait about 10+ minutes, in series (i.e. 20 min. total), for the boards to appear. Once they appeared, we were good to go. Cheers
    EJ1
    EJ1
    I saw your VASSAL message. Thanks. We'll hang tight and reconvene next week. Cheers
    You posted some guidance around cropping the Manila map a few days ago. I cannot seem to find it. Any way you can re-post said guidance with a descriptive Header so it can get found easily? I suspect more than a few folks are struggling with that?

Thanks
    Jazz
    Jazz
    Jazz
    Actually I found it and the guidance works.....even if it does seem to not make sense until you actually have a scenario that needs cropping in front of you.... Mayhaps ask one of the mods to make the Manila cropping post sticky?
    DougRim
    DougRim
    Found the thread in VASL plus another one on the Manila map in MMP. Will add a link to the thread in the main ASL forum. That should do the trick. Don't know how/who to ask for sticky things.
    Jazz
    Jazz
    PM a moderator and ask them to stick a post that will keep the post near the top of the list
    Hi Doug, where do I find the APCR site?
    DougRim
    DougRim
    There is no APCR site. There is an APCR thread here on GS. APCR is the new version of AREA that Aaron Cleavin has been developing.

I have built an ASL Player Ratings website (with help from Sam Tyson) which uses the AREA methodology and updated data. You can find it at http://asl-ratings.org.

Doug
    Dear Doug,

Just a quick question. I ran into a problem with my laptop. Is there anyway to recover my VASL password from my computer?

Thanks,
    Martin
    DougRim
    DougRim
    Myself, I don't know. I will ask my VASL colleagues and see what response I get.

Doug
    Bomenz
    Bomenz
    Thanks Doug and good luck for Caslo. I'm really sorry I'm going to miss it this year. Work issues I can't get out of...
    DougRim
    DougRim
    Can you get into VASL? If so, your File - Preferences - Personal should show the password.

If not, what system are you using? Windows? Mac? Linux? Should be recoverable.

Doug
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…