Board setup problem

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm guessing that the "overlay box" is the button on the console to launch the overlays extension. The Overlays extension window would then pop up and the list of overlays is visible. But in this case the list isn't there now, indicating an extension problem (oops). But the Add overlays (option 1) still works (and downloads overlays as needed) during map board selection (yay VASL).

This is my interpretation of what is going on.
Nailed it...

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So when you click the Overlays buttons you don't see this:

What do you see? Can you post an image?

When you open VASL you should see a list of installed extensions in the chat window, something like this:

Do you see that at does it show v2.12. If it shows a different version, go to VASL.info/extensions and get the latest one.

We know the VASL Overlays extension works as lots of people are using it. Somehow it is not working on your system.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
So when you click the Overlays buttons you don't see this:

View attachment 28531

What do you see? Can you post an image?

When you open VASL you should see a list of installed extensions in the chat window, something like this:

View attachment 28532

Do you see that at does it show v2.12. If it shows a different version, go to VASL.info/extensions and get the latest one.

We know the VASL Overlays extension works as lots of people are using it. Somehow it is not working on your system.
That's what I used to see, now I don't for whatever reason...I'll try and post a picture

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes, pictures too large for the file, as I suspected....First comes up as - Vasl symbol with terrain Overlays (in script) next to it.

If I click on it, it gives me 5 options -

Restore
Move
Size
Minimise
Maximise

With

x Close Alt+F4

Move Size and close are the only available options.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Testing this on my machine, I think somehow you have reduced the size of the window. Scroll over the bottom the window showing Terrain Overlays, If the mouse turns to a double-headed arrow image, pull down. The rest of the window will appear.

At least that is what happen when I tried it.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Testing this on my machine, I think somehow you have reduced the size of the window. Scroll over the bottom the window showing Terrain Overlays, If the mouse turns to a double-headed arrow image, pull down. The rest of the window will appear.

At least that is what happen when I tried it.
Many thanks for your patience, you solved it, thank you. Still getting to grips with all of this...

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You won't be the first, nor the last person who runs into this problem. I have done the same in the past and it can be very frustrating figuring out the problem. I actually changed my preferences from separate to combined windows due to me having so many problems trying to find my windows and effectively just arranging them into a pseudo-combined window anyway. That would not fix your problem with the overlay window, but it did stop me from always losing the counter tray window.