Snap Shot

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
It seems, that if a unit has an LOS to the center dot of another hex, for snap shot purposes, it has a LOS to all the hexsides of that hex (barring any specifically stated exception in a higher numbered rule of course). Unless, that is, if the LOS to any part of that hexside is otherwise blocked, e.g., by an obstacle not in either the target hex or the firer's hex.

So in your last example, a LOS for snap shot purposes from J6 to vertex I8-I9-H8 is open, but a LOS to I7-I8-H7 would be blocked.
Doesn't the rule simply state tracing LOS to the HEXSIDE specifically. The terrain in hex could block it. Otherwise you could ALWAYS fire on Skulking units..

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is amazing to me that nobody in this thread has even quoted the pertinent rule itself. (A8.15)

It would be so helpful, and might actually help solve the problem, which really is no problem at all.

And by the way, the Perry Sez could apply to that situation, but that is stated right in A8.15 itself: "wall/hedge/SMOKE/rubble hexside/spine of a hex being entered exited", certainly does apply to the ABTF question, but not to the OP.

If you could not draw LOS using Bypass on the pertinent vertices, then Snap Shot could not apply (except see wall/hedge/SMOKE/rubble above).

I conclude that in the OP example, there is no Snap Shot.
The quoted Perry Sez is simply affirming what is already stated in A8.15, second sentence parenthesis.