Minefield and Trail Breaks in (or around) a Building Hex

cwillmer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

The 467 entered I47 from H46 attempting to clear the mines, the attempt failed and the squad is marked with a Labor -1 counter and a partial trail break is created. The squad is in the building (where else could it be). I48 has a trail break placed by other MMCs.

In the next MPh the 467 drops the Labor counter and moves into I48, and is not subject to a minefield attack since it stayed within the building even though it moved "off" the trail break, correct?

Does the trail break "go around" the building and not into the building?

If yes, how can the clearing squad be "in" the building and at the same time on the trail break outside the building where he has to be for subsequent clearance attempts?

Can the move from I47 be onto the trail break in I48?

The thought has occurred to me that I may be over thinking this just a tad but then again I do tend to do that from time to time.

Attachments

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We had this discussion in a Manila thread and the seemingly concensus answer is you can't leave the building hex (I47) without taking a mine attack, even into I48.... I think it's BS :) but that seemed to be the group think as the rules are written.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There's old Q&A saying the minefield will attack.
B24.74 & B28.44 Can Infantry which has declared a Clearance attempt and entered a Minefield via a partial TB, but which fail to clear the Minefield, later leave the Minefield hex via a non-TB building hexside without being attacked by the Minefield?
A. No. [An96]

I'd guess that "being in a building" and "Receiving building TEM" are kind of abstract in ASL and don't really mean every part of the counter is safely inside the building.

cwillmer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So Schrodinger applied to ASL. A unit is on a trail break and in the building at the same time.