Mortar vs. AFV and Wall

fanatic+1

Ryan Kent
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mortar hits afv adjacent to wall but los does not cross wall. Is effects DR subject to the +1 TEM for wall?

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Probably.
eASLRB said:
B9.34 INDIRECT FIRE: The TEM of a wall/hedge hexside is lowered by one for Indirect Fire, but this TEM applies (irrespective of WA) even if that hexside is not crossed by the incoming fire. Only one wall/hedge TEM can be applied to the resolution of such fire, regardless of the number of such fea- tures present in the target hex. A hedge TEM reduced thusly to zero would still negate FFMO/Interdiction for a mortar whose LOF enters the hex via the hedge hexside. A target is never HD (D4.2) to Indirect Fire. If in a woods hex, Air Bursts (13.3) applies—even if the unit has WA (but is combined with wall TEM if applicable).

B9.3 TEM: The TEM of a wall is +2; the TEM of a hedge is +1. Fire traced through a wall/hedge hexside or hexspine may be subject to a TEM for that wall/hedge if the target is in the Location formed by that hexside/hexspine. If the LOS crosses the wall/hedge hexside through a road/gap depiction (such as 6W9-X9) the wall/hedge TEM can only apply if the target is a non-moving unit. PRC [EXC: Motorcyclists] never receive a TEM for a wall/hedge. The wall/hedge TEM is NA for DC attacks [EXC: if thrown across a wall/hedge hexside, the TEM applies to both the target and thrower’s Location; A23.6].

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
C1.55:
"TEM applies to the IFT DR as per 1.52/3.331 as applicable (for an AFV hit by Air Bursts, see also D5.311)."

C1.52:
"Indirect Fire IFT resolution is subject to TEM [EXC: Height Advantage (B10.31), Crest (B20.92), Deir (F4.5), Hillock (F6.5), and Dune Crest (F7.513) TEM] in the normal manner (see B9.31 and B9.34 for wall/hedge/bocage)."

C3.331:
"..but TEM that does not grant the target HD status vs that shot (see D4.2-.21) does apply (as per 3.4) to the resulting Effects DR. .."

Last edited:

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It does...

C1.55:
"TEM applies to the IFT DR as per 1.52/3.331 as applicable (for an AFV hit by Air Bursts, see also D5.311)."

C1.52:
"Indirect Fire IFT resolution is subject to TEM [EXC: Height Advantage (B10.31), Crest (B20.92), Deir (F4.5), Hillock (F6.5), and Dune Crest (F7.513) TEM] in the normal manner (see B9.31 and B9.34 for wall/hedge/bocage)."

C3.331:
"..but TEM that does not grant the target HD status vs that shot (see D4.2-.21) does apply (as per 3.4) to the resulting Effects DR. .."

I see no exception for a vehicle hit on the Area Target Type.
I know. I already deleted my post!