Products that I'd like to see MMP produce

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Would it be possible to create some Deluxe ASL half-board overlays? City, hill, orchard, brush, stream, grain, woods,village....
I think it would be pretty easy. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of DASL because I don't see the necessity of having such large hexes. Large hexes 'throw me off' - I have difficulty viewing the game after using smaller hexes. The DASL hexes are way too big - and the standard sized hexes are way too small. I've photocopied both sets by reducing / enlarging them respectively which for me helps a lot.

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I don't think DASL hexes are way too big given their original purpose. There were meant to be the appropriate scale for micro-armor. Personally, I love them, even though I'm not into micro-armor. Plenty of room to spread out counters.

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a product line, DASL scenarios maybe deserve official support in the form of available miniatures.

Re MMP ASL enhancement products, partnering w/a miniatures maker to cover up to all of Chap H would be an ideal.

As a pragmatic, aiming to cover at minimum just vehicles/guns actually used in the current 46 official DASL scenarios would be a joy.

Maybe even recast the ASL DASL line as one always sold in shrink w/minis.

As a ramp in, one could cover just the official DASL scenarios getting 85% of recorded play, say, and then cast minis for just the vehicles and guns used therein. Maybe proffer that as a big box item for a p-number test.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
As a product line, DASL scenarios maybe deserve official support in the form of available miniatures.

Re MMP ASL enhancement products, partnering w/a miniatures maker to cover up to all of Chap H would be an ideal.

As a pragmatic, aiming to cover at minimum just vehicles/guns actually used in the current 46 official DASL scenarios would be a joy.

Maybe even recast the ASL DASL line as one always sold in shrink w/minis.

As a ramp in, one could cover just the official DASL scenarios getting 85% of recorded play, say, and then cast minis for just the vehicles and guns used therein. Maybe proffer that as a big box item for a p-number test.
Fish won a hand painted set of the original micro armor at a tournament. I think it came from the micro armor company GHQ. He gave me a Tiger and a truck. The barrel on the Tiger is very fragile and not really suitable for lots of play. I'm sure that fault could be remedied.

The pic in the rules of the micro armor looked really cool but the AFV cards seemed like they required alot of room. And no cats. Cardboard did the job pretty well and was good enough for me. Cats still a factor.

The fragile nature of the long barrel would not be a problem for most of the Allied armor.🙄

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Fish won a hand painted set of the original micro armor at a tournament. I think it came from the micro armor company. He gave me a Tiger and a truck. The barrel on the Tiger is very fragile and not really suitable for lots of play. I'm sure that fault could be remedied.

The pic in the rules of the micro armor looked really cool but the AFV cards seemed like they required alot of room. And no cats. Cardboard did the job pretty well and was good enough for me. Cats still a factor.
IIRC there were supposed to be scenarios specifically created for the micro armor. I'm not sure if that ever happened.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
IIRC there were supposed to be scenarios specifically created for the micro armor. I'm not sure if that ever happened.
I dug out Fish's rules and in Chaptet J it had the GHQ advertisement.
The packs of micro armor were supposed to contain a scenario for the DASL boards.

Did anyone get these?

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Fish won a hand painted set of the original micro armor at a tournament. I think it came from the micro armor company. He gave me a Tiger and a truck. The barrel on the Tiger is very fragile and not really suitable for lots of play. I'm sure that fault could be remedied.

Looking at the picture of the micro armor I do believe that is the Tiger and truck that he gave me. Well probably not those ones. Where did I put them?🤔

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Call me a purist - I once did purchase and paint several GHQ tanks and armor. They were fun to paint but seemed a bit odd or fussy to use in the game and I never really used them. I eventually sold them to my old pal Kurt Martin at ASLOK in 1995 I think. Nothing against them per se.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Call me a purist - I once did purchase and paint several GHQ tanks and armor. They were fun to paint but seemed a bit odd or fussy to use in the game and I never really used them. I eventually sold them to my old pal Kurt Martin at ASLOK in 1995 I think. Nothing against them per se.
Did they come with a scenario?