How many scenarios exist ?

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
wow, > 8,000 means, should I ever design something, the ASL world probably do not need another little bunch of scenarios like the others :)
I had an idea for a scenario based on an engagement described in Max Hastings' "Armageddon", but it's hard to imagine it being played, apart from by me, when there are so many available already.

I started a spreadsheet to try to keep track of what was available but gave up at 6,500. The Scenario Archive seems a better way to do that anyway. With so many scenarios available, does anyone actually use the DYO parts of Chapter H? Or do designers use that as a starting point?

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have more than I could ever play in 2 lifetimes. I'm now at a point where I struggle to justify buying any new scenario pack published by the reputable publishers. MMP stuff, Bounding Fire, Lone Canuck and Advancing fire products are still in the frame but beyond that I honestly struggle to see the justification. Bearing in mind over that the last 12 months I've played 40 live scenarios so I'm not exactly sitting on my hands...

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I went to your website and it said it was asleep. Go wake it up!
When the water level in the cellar beneath his mom's trailer rises above a certain level, this results in short circuits, which may take out his server. On the other hand, to have the watered cellar under live electricity now and then helps to keep down its population of critters (from crawfish, all sorts of snakes, the occasional snapping turtle, and - heaven forbid - alligators). It also serves to fill the fridge with Cajun food (you know, from crawfish, all sorts of snakes...). In case an alligator has been zapped, its hide will serve for a new pair of flashy shoes for Psycho and a stylish purse for his mom.

von Marwitz

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I went to your website and it said it was asleep. Go wake it up!
I don't know when they do that crap. They used to shut their site down at like 2 am for a few hours for some reason & I could work on my page but no one could look at my page including me. Of course I could look at the pages I created just not the ones that I'd uploaded onto their site. 🤷‍♂️

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I had an idea for a scenario based on an engagement described in Max Hastings' "Armageddon", but it's hard to imagine it being played, apart from by me, when there are so many available already.

I started a spreadsheet to try to keep track of what was available but gave up at 6,500. The Scenario Archive seems a better way to do that anyway. With so many scenarios available, does anyone actually use the DYO parts of Chapter H? Or do designers use that as a starting point?
We rarely if ever used DYO for a serious scenario. It was candy for us. I also am curious if it gets much action for generating a real scenario. Interesting question also about Designers using it.