Best Vehicle Names

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sure, one can be boring and label their vehicles "A", "B", "C", etc, but Life is Short and VASL lets you label your units any way you want.

JR Tracy is the master of this; I've think I've seen his vehicles labeled with everything from Napoleonic generals to Brady Bunch kids.

For my upcoming IR Tourney game with Rob Oler, I am quite pleased with my lineup:

Always good to have George of the Jungle references.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Sure, one can be boring and label their vehicles "A", "B", "C", etc, but Life is Short and VASL lets you label your units any way you want.

JR Tracy is the master of this; I've think I've seen his vehicles labeled with everything from Napoleonic generals to Brady Bunch kids.

For my upcoming IR Tourney game with Rob Oler, I am quite pleased with my lineup:
View attachment 22228

Always good to have George of the Jungle references.
If I am playing with two KV-2 tanks they will forever be called Martin and Dave. Do not expect Dave to hit anything.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Now that you can link an Acq counter and a tank, I don't label the latter (label only serves to indicate ammo depleted or other comparable data).
But I name leaders and Snipers in alphabetical order - but not always starting with A - using Last Names of their nationality taken from online lists (Snipers sometimes get a First Name : Günther, Johnny, etc.).

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I usually start out with my children's names. Then after the unit misses every shot, malfs mgs and bogs I change the name to Sh*@head or F@$kface and, like the children, the unit performs better.

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
While not vehicles, when playing CG's allowing 2 snipers I often name my Snipers Bob and Doug, the McKenzie brothers from SCTV played by Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas.

I never have much luck with snipers, perhaps I should pick better names.