Favorite SSR or the one you'd like to see:

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Varying ML of AFV crews. There's got to be a step between ML 8 (the typical Elite Infantry ML of most nationalities) and the ML6 of Inexperienced Crews.

Oh, and for the love of Pete, make AFV Smoke Dischargers malf-able!

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Varying ML of AFV crews. There's got to be a step between ML 8 (the typical Elite Infantry ML of most nationalities) and the ML6 of Inexperienced Crews.

Why? They never work anyway.

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Armour leader improves AFV MA ROF.
There was a DTO scenario (I think) where an OB-given AL could use its DRM normally (to improve TH) =or= (if declared pre-shot) to increase ROF. It was an idea of Curt Schilling IIRC?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pay no attention to that bitter old man....what's next? Vehicle stops cold on rolling a 6 on vehicular smoke grenades?
No, but you know what would be fun? Various types of nonlethal vehicle damage. I know this isn't supposed to be Tobruk, but given the vast amount of chrome the game has acquired over the years, it certainly wouldn't be burdensome. On a TK # 1 > than the Shock result, have Funky Armor Damage happen. Left or right tread gets blown off, so you can only turn a little in that direction. Turret jams and you're suddenly an NT vehicle. AAMG gets blown off. Radio gets whacked. Etc. Fun and rare enough to not take over the game.

Or have this FAD be a result from the UK process, which IMO too often results in a completely fine vehicle.

Bitter Old Men have voices too! Hear us! Then get off our lawns!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No, but you know what would be fun? Various types of nonlethal vehicle damage. I know this isn't supposed to be Tobruk, but given the vast amount of chrome the game has acquired over the years, it certainly wouldn't be burdensome. On a TK # 1 > than the Shock result, have Funky Armor Damage happen. Left or right tread gets blown off, so you can only turn a little in that direction. Turret jams and you're suddenly an NT vehicle. AAMG gets blown off. Radio gets whacked. Etc. Fun and rare enough to not take over the game.

Or have this FAD be a result from the UK process, which IMO too often results in a completely fine vehicle.

Bitter Old Men have voices too! Hear us! Then get off our lawns!
I dunno... sounds like just another... fad to me.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
My favorite ETO SSR when there are no other SSR:

SSR #1 - EC are Moderate with No Wind at Start.

It seems few and far between the scenarios that just have that as an SSR only.

If playing in the PTO my fave is:

SSR #1 - EC are wet with PTO in effect (Ex: Light Jungle is in effect) and No Wind at start.

With most scenarios you need more than the above but once in awhile, nice not to have a bunch of SSRs you might forget during play.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

It seems few and far between the scenarios that just have that as an SSR only.

If playing in the PTO my fave is:

SSR #1 - EC are wet with PTO in effect (Ex: Light Jungle is in effect) and No Wind at start.

With most scenarios you need more than the above but once in awhile, nice not to have a bunch of SSRs you might forget during play.
I’m with Bob Holmstrom’s idea. The perfect SSRs would be haiku.

The EC is wet
a mild breeze from the north
Kindling na

a challenge for The Bunker to make a scenario thus.

Last edited:

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm waiting for the Chuck Norris effect on hero creating DR of 2 all enemy with line of sight must take +1 MC or break and run away in fear. I like the Tank effects Tuomo is on right path, tread blown off, maybe can only travel in reverse, or if British must stop exit and take tea break. Never too much chrome if it is fun.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland

I have fancied designing a "Vanila" scenario pack, with only that SSR (+ Kindling NA) and only using maps and counters from Beyond Valor.
It would open possibilities for newbies to play more scenarios with the basic gear.
I also thought of including many infantry only scenarios - even without SW ordnance.
Of course, one would consider that the SK do that type of introductory job, but full ASL scenarios such as the "Vanila" pack would be a good first step into the more deep waters of the system.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Moderate EC
No kindling is allowed
Start quiet, no wind.

Last edited:

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Why is it that in ASL --every AFV always has a full crew? Sometimes they didn't in real life.

SSR: The tank has no assistant driver- so no BMG and must spend 1 extra MP for each hex entered if not using road movement rate.
SRR: The tank has no loader, so no ROF and no IF.

Last edited: