Lancaster County: Are there ASL players?

TimNiesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am Tim Niesen. Myself and a good friend are looking for ASL players to play ASL. In particuliar PTO, both of us have preordered the new Manila historical module. We want to first play either of the two historical modules in the new edition of Rising Sun. We could either play in Millersville or Manheim. But want to start in Manheim for the preliminary games. Anyone interested? Tim

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am Tim Niesen. Myself and a good friend are looking for ASL players to play ASL. In particuliar PTO, both of us have preordered the new Manila historical module. We want to first play either of the two historical modules in the new edition of Rising Sun. We could either play in Millersville or Manheim. But want to start in Manheim for the preliminary games. Anyone interested? Tim
Hello Tim! I live near York and have a few ASL players nearby. I am available to play on Sundays and Lancaster is 30 minutes away. PM sent and check out my ASL Group below
I have pre-order Manila as well.

Dwindham

Reaction score
First name
Daniel
Country
llUnited States
Is this Lancaster County Nebraska?
I live in Lincoln. I just don't have a lot of open time.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Millersville and Manheim are in WI (in or near Lancaster & Lancaster County) in Wisconsin between Milwaukee and Madison.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tim is talking about Millersville, PA & Manheim, PA.

Both of them, and York, PA are about 1 1/2 - 2 hours for me. Just a little out of my range for continued play.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
German settlers in both Pa and Wic named towns in similar ways. Tim

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
German settlers in both Pa and Wic named towns in similar ways. Tim
Yes. If you read the histories of Union & Lancaster Counties, you will find that large groups of settlers departed from both counties and moved to Wisconsin, Ohio, & even Oklahoma sometimes naming the new town(s) the same as the one they left.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Indeed, Sterling, Illinois was founded almost exclusively by a colony from Lancaster County. The wealthy Welsh were the wealthly elite and the Mennonite families were the farmers. The elite had an influence upon Lincoln and the Whig/Republican elite around him. One of the various Lancaster countian hardware merchants in Srerling married one of Mary Todd Lincoln's sisters. Tim

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lancaster County, PA, and indeed greater Lancaster County, (originally my county included what is now more four counties: that is, Lebanon, Dauphin, York, and Cumberland.) was the source of two diaspora. The first, and most important, was the Scot-Irish migrations, starting in Lancaster County, and ending in many parts of the South and West. David Crockett and John C. Calhoun are among those with ancestors from greater Lancaster County. The Welsh and Germsn migrations by colonies are far less well known, and started in the 1840s. Tim

Blachorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Humm.... perhaps, I'm in Gilbertsville [Near Pottstown] free time may be the only issue.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lancaster County, PA, and indeed greater Lancaster County, (originally my county included what is now more four counties: that is, Lebanon, Dauphin, York, and Cumberland.) was the source of two diaspora. The first, and most important, was the Scot-Irish migrations, starting in Lancaster County, and ending in many parts of the South and West. David Crockett and John C. Calhoun are among those with ancestors from greater Lancaster County. The Welsh and Germsn migrations by colonies are far less well known, and started in the 1840s. Tim
How’s Don2 been doing ?

Mongoose1

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yep that is close! But might be worth trying to make something match at some point. I'm good with pretty much everything rules wise.
That would be awesome,if the real world would stop just for a few hours. It's nice to hear that other players are close by though.