Did we do this correctly?

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A UN squad is Crested and facing a North Korean 81mm Mortar on a three level hill through the crest facing.

The crested squad receives no TEM versus the Mortar's indirect fire.

The squad in its movement phase wants to escape its predicament by dropping out of sight into the gully.

I claim the UN squad must first spend one MP to exit crest status then another to go into the depression. That would allow the mortar a shot as the squad exits the Crest status.

My opponent thinks that no shots were possible.

What does the gestalt think?

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A UN squad is Crested and facing a North Korean 81mm Mortar on a three level hill through the crest facing.

The crested squad receives no TEM versus the Mortar's indirect fire.

The squad in its movement phase wants to escape its predicament by dropping out of sight into the gully.

I claim the UN squad must first spend one MP to exit crest status then another to go into the depression. That would allow the mortar a shot as the squad exits the Crest status.

My opponent thinks that no shots were possible.

What does the gestalt think?
No shot is possible in this case.
eASLRB B20.93 last sentence said:
Crest Infantry moving to any other hex must first move (or advance) out of Crest status within the same hex they presently occupy as if they were entering it from an adjacent non-Depression hex.
Granted, in this case the unit is =not= intending to continue on to another hex, =but= the rule is clear that, re the move IN to the Gully, it is kinda as though it were a move from outside the hex -- meaning there would be no same-level LOS to the 2 MF spent to so-enter the Gully.

So, it is =not= the case that they "stand up" before going down -- they just go down, all out of LOS in this case.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No shot is possible in this case.

Granted, in this case the unit is =not= intending to continue on to another hex, =but= the rule is clear that, re the move IN to the Gully, it is kinda as though it were a move from outside the hex -- meaning there would be no same-level LOS to the 2 MF spent to so-enter the Gully.

So, it is =not= the case that they "stand up" before going down -- they just go down, all out of LOS in this case.
Thank goodness.