2022 Texas Team Tournament, June 16-19, Austin, TX

John Garlic

Reaction score
Weslaco, Republic of the Rio Grande, Texas
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Great weekend in Austin for the 2022 Team Tournament. Kudos to Rick for running an awesome tournament. Very positive and supportive of all in attendance. Good to see some new players as well as all of the veterans in attendance. I got to play a lotta ASL against a great bunch of guys. Thanks Dan, Scott, Dave, Bill, Rich, Paul, and Sam for awesome ASL goodness. Looking forward to North Texas ASL Shoot-Out in November as well as next year's Austin ASL Fiesta!!!

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Sunday morning, one last game...trying to go home on a win. After working my way through OG, the Germans are finally in the building and routing the Dutch. Last turn. A few shots and MCs. I rolled 5, 5, 5, 5 in a row keeping calm and staying alive. We're down to the last CC roll and I have to take the building. No problem with 6-1 odds and rolling fives. I roll an 11. :( Gotta hate love this game! War sucks. 🤣

Kudos to Rick and thanks to all for coming! Win or lose, it was a blast!

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Rick,

I had a very nice time in my first attendance of the Texas Tournament.

Two of us drove down from Chicago, 1,100 miles each way.

Rick did a great job running the tourney, the large sceen WWII movies were a nice treat. He must have some sheep dog in his DNA.

Played two games each day, saw Round Rock at night including the Broken Spoke dance bar. Restaurants were plentiful and very good. Only the hotel breakfast was subpar ( can you say corn dog?).

My games all were fun, with nice opponents. I was on a roll, until John Garlic beat me easily in Frogs in a Pocket with an excellent defense. My lone defeat other than some allergy effects due to something blooming.

You should try the tourney out.

Rich.