Concerning FT227 Damsels in Distress

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
cdr and wdr actually have entries in the Index.
I’m thoroughly confused about SSR 3. I guess it’s some sorta DR that acts like two drs. We want to play this one but probably have to spend a few hours thinking about and discussing SSR 3.

Last edited:

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess it’s some sorta DR that acts like two drs. We want to play this one but probably have to spend a few hours thinking about and discussing SSR 3.
I don't have the scenario, but it isn't the only time you make a DR and use the 2 dice separately. Falling Rubble (B24.12) and Landing Gliders (E8.22) both work that way.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't have the scenario, but it isn't the only time you make a DR and use the 2 dice separately. Falling Rubble (B24.12) and Landing Gliders (E8.22) both work that way.
Yes, but the term dr and DR are used in the same sentence and it gives pause. However I think we figured it out.

One other thing, the Greeks get random partisans for most of the latter part of the scenario and they pop up in building hexes in this town. The SSR says they cannot set up adjacent to Italian units so we guess they can set up IN the Italian hex because that ain’t adjacent. We wonder if he meant IN/ADJACENT to Italian units not just adjacent. We are going to play it as written.

Last edited:

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes, but the term dr and DR are used in the same sentence and it gives pause. However I think we figured it out.

One other thing, the Greeks get random partisans for most of the latter part of the scenario and they pop up in building hexes in this town. The SSR says they cannot set up adjacent to Italian units so we guess they can set up IN the Italian hex because that ain’t adjacent. We wonder if he meant IN/ADJACENT to Italian units not just adjacent. We are going to play it as written.
On the face of it, if they are in the same hex, I think that they share a common hexside with Italian units and are therefore adjacent.

“adjacent (hexes are considered adjacent if they share a common hexside): A.8

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
You roll a DR and use each dr separately as for a Random Location DR.
The wdr on the left table and, if the cdr is 5 or more, then you roll an additional dr to determine what leader you receive.
Hope this help.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On the face of it, if they are in the same hex, I think that they share a common hexside with Italian units and are therefore adjacent.

“adjacent (hexes are considered adjacent if they share a common hexside): A.8
A hex is not adjacent to itself, seems.

grabowbe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A hex is not adjacent to itself, seems.
From a Q&A, Locations are ADJACENT to themselves.

A.8
Is a Location ADJACENT to itself? I.e., if a rule permits some activity in an ADJACENT Location, and does not “specifically
exclude” the unit’s current Location from that activity, is the current Location included by default?
A. Yes. Yes.