Has this scenario Flames Over Flavion OAF Dec 1996 Been Redone?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at playing a French 1940 scenario and the old Flames Over Flavion OAF scenario looks interesting, has this one been updated / redone?

thanks

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scott,
I designed this one way back in 1979 after Crescendo of Doom came out. Not many around these days who remember SEP (Scenario Exchange Program) that I started due to the lack of additional scenarios for Squad Leader at that time.
I was 22. Research gleaned from only a few books (paragraphs actually without much detail). Check out the OB! The Germans is not historically accurate is it? Just look at all of those halftracks!
I got all of the copies courtesy of Randy (yes, GS Randy) and really enjoyed looking at my old handwriting. Most of these scenarios designed in Atlantic City and Ocean City back in the days before anyone ever dreamed of an internet.
If someone would take the time and effort to revamp these I would suggest they do not. Squad Leader then and ASL now are two entirely different creatures. Today, forty-three (!) years later the actions portrayed can have new scenarios designed but these should be complete redesigns.
Seeing this post made me smile and feel very old at the same time.
Some believe that On All Fronts was the first TPP for SL. Nope, I believe I was the first. Back then I did not charge anything and once my membership swelled to over 100 I realized that I was paying far too much in postage and did not have the business acumen to even think of trying to make this a line of work. and was curious to see what other designers had in mind. So, SEP died out after two years with me. OaF came along and I went into playtesting SL-ASL instead. I just designed scenarios that I wanted to play and hoped others enjoyed them as well.
Today I still have that philosophy.
Thanks for stirring up old (very) fond memories!

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
ROAR has it w/ID O122.1 (only)

Scenario Archive has it w/ID O122.2 (only)

So, maybe ?
the issue has a playtest scenario before it so that's why it's listed that way. someone doesn't think playtest scenarios should count so Flames is scenario #1 but someone else entered them all into Scenario Archive so Flames is scenario #2 🤷‍♂️