You Probably Shouldn't, But You Do Anyway

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
You are not wrong, Maurizizo.
As an acceptable alternative to actually temporarily revealing a unit, consider declaring what the unit is.
”I have a 4-6-7 here.” That reduces stack fumbling and speeds play.
This.

For maintaining some added "fog of war" oftentimes I agree with my opponents not even to declare the type of real unit but simply "real unit there". But this is not the "official" way of handling things but rather a house rule.

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
This.

For maintaining some added "fog of war" oftentimes I agree with my opponents not even to declare the type of real unit but simply "real unit there". But this is not the "official" way of handling things but rather a house rule.

von Marwitz
It's a very friendly house!

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hell amateurs'! My biggest "Hey Guys! Watch this!" moments is when I'm having so much fun trashing your opponent, I'm breaking everything he has, he's dying for FTR, Tanks brewed up and I end up losing because I forgot the victory conditions. :eek: fun in the moment but afterwards...doh!

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You are not wrong, Maurizizo.
As an acceptable alternative to actually temporarily revealing a unit, consider declaring what the unit is.
”I have a 4-6-7 here.” That reduces stack fumbling and speeds play.
Agreed, a level of trust and a verbal substitute for physical confirmation has been established. We simply take it one step further for a little fog of war and something that seems to make sense. All that needs to be said is “I have a real unit here” so that’s the way some people prefer to play it. However, I’ll play the way my opponent wants to and after all it’s probably a insignificant difference.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had that happen to me during a playing of "Shklov's Labors". I was on the threshold of taking a building when my opponent fired
into the melee.. His troops held, mine didn't.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Fire for acquisition… and break my gun.
Go for that extra MP… and ESB
Fire into melees… yeah, it seldom works out for me either.
Shoot my FT… these things are single use, like a PF, right? Mine are.
Maybe, to top it off, you should indulge in some dice superstition and burn, curse, crash or otherwise abuse some sets of precision dice.

They say, it's always good to have the complete picture... ;)

von Marwitz

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This was my opponent in a Heavy Metal scenario. Three times he fired the bow to check LOS to avoid the risk of breaking the MA. Three times he rolled 1,1 with the bow to verify good LOS, then missed with the MA. o_O🤣
Shoulda taken the shots!
I lost badly anyway...

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
This was my opponent in a Heavy Metal scenario. Three times he fired the bow to check LOS to avoid the risk of breaking the MA. Three times he rolled 1,1 with the bow to verify good LOS, then missed with the MA. o_O🤣
Shoulda taken the shots!
I lost badly anyway...
Was your SAN 2? :)