Scandinavian Open 2022 (March 4-6 2022) - 25th Edition

bo_siemsen

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
The preparations for the 2022 Edition of the Scandinavian Open are well under way – and the first players have already stated their intention to participate. This will be our 25th Anniversary Tournament in Copenhagen. The tournament will again be held at Danhostel Ishøj, the location that served us so well in 2021.

The dates of the main event will be March 4-6 2022.

There will likely be friendly gaming (depending on interest) Wednesday/Thursday March 2-3 leading up to the classic 5 round ASO main tournament starting friday running through sunday. There will also be mini tournaments Saturday and Sunday. The friendly gaming Wednesday and Thursday will take place at the same venue as the main tournament, so you can see it as a chance to warm up for the main tournament or just a chance to play some new opponents in a friendly atmosphere.

Contact Michael Hastrup-Leth (hastrupleth@gmail.com) or Bo Siemsen (bo.siemsen@gmail.com) for registration and a specific price for your stay.

Updates with regards to registered players, scenarios, ABS etc. will be made available on our website leading up to the tournament. Updates will also be announced in the Gamesquad forums in this thread.

2022 SCENARIO LIST

1st long round

DFT-12 "Not One Step back" German vs Russian (German balance to be added) G 0 R 2
AP 170 "Never on Time" German vs British G 7 B 6
FB 9 The Shooting Gallery" German vs Russian (Russian balance to be added) G 22 R 11

1st short round
DTF-16 "Panther Cull" German vs British/ American G 1 A 3
AP 168 "Nameless Hill" Japanese vs American J 6 A 6
WO 37 "The Vital Hours" German vs British G 13 B 10

2nd round
DTF-15 "Storming Lommel" German vs British G 2 B 1
FB 17 "Stalingrad Redux" German vs Russian (Russian balance to be added) G 14 R 5
WO 32 "Corps Value" North Korean vs American NK 9 A 8

3rd round
DTF-14 "Pillbox Pains" Japanese vs American J 1 A 0
AP171 "Pössl's Posse" Germans vs Russian G 12 R 9
AP 178 "Walker's Orders" North Korean vs American NK 2 A 1

4th round
AP 183 "Patton's Ghost" North Korean vs American NK 1 A 1
FB 10 "Return of the Black Compagny" Germans vs Russian G18 R18
AP 169 "The Beasts have arrived" German vs Russian G18 R14

5th round
AP 164 "Sparrow Force" Japanese vs British J 12 B 10
DB 159 "Autumn Approach" German vs British G 10 B 7
AP 172 "Hickory Lickin' " German vs American (American balance to be added) G 20 A 9

See you in Copenhagen
Bo Siemsen & Michael Hastrup-Leth

Our Website has been updated with the most relevant information about ASO 2022:
* http://www.asl-so.dk/

Last edited:

hastrup

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llDenmark
Scenario list for the main tournament will be made public no later than 1st of December.
The plan is to have one or two Winter Offensive '22 four person mini tournaments Thursday.

bo_siemsen

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ASO 2022
We have decided that participation in ASO 2022 will require COVID-19 "immunity". That means participants will have to show that they have a valid vaccination or having the antibodies from recovering from the virus. We feel this is the only way to ensure a safe ASO Event.

B.Lizt

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
I really like your scenario selection. I have played a few and more are already on my want-to-play-list.

I plan to attend this year.
Your tournament is always well-organized and a pleasure to attend.

Looking foreward to march 4th
See you in Copenhagen :)

Olav

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for this! 🤠👍

Corrections I think:
DTF12 => DTF15
DB154 => DB159

Cya!
Now do you mean that the scenario title has remained the same but the scenario number iis incorrect or do you mean the scenario number is correct but the tile has changed? All are decent scenarios.

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Now do you mean that the scenario title has remained the same but the scenario number iis incorrect or do you mean the scenario number is correct but the tile has changed? All are decent scenarios.
The title are the same, so my guess is that the ID's should be corrected. But I let Bo chime in on that.

DB159 is not a very good sunday scenario, imho. :D (8 turns, 3,5 boards, OBA, big OB for both sides, air support, etc). DB154 makes more sense.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Looks like a Norwegian invasion, I wonder if they will row there using a Viking boat.

I am penciling this in. Not the optimum moment for me, but ya never know...

hastrup

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llDenmark
Yes "Autumn Approach" is DB159 and "Storming Lommel" DTF-15. Good Catch :)

Looking so much forward to an Scandinavian invasion.....and everyone else are welcome too.

bo_siemsen

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
The title are the same, so my guess is that the ID's should be corrected. But I let Bo chime in on that.

DB159 is not a very good sunday scenario, imho. :D (8 turns, 3,5 boards, OBA, big OB for both sides, air support, etc). DB154 makes more sense.
Correct
There was a typo in some of the Scenario ID's. I have updated the OP.

Last edited:

Ketil

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Yes, put me on your attendee list as well, and I also like your scenario list. Some of them I already did play at Albany....:) So now we will see if some of North American players will come over the pond to join us.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hi all

I think I miss something... At AP170 there are some railroad overlays.

Which flavour are them? GLRR, EmRR, ElRR....

(I think they will be GLRR but I get no no clue about that) TIA