Once Hollow Legions is released.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Hollow Legions will be the last core module to see 2nd edition. Once it is released will MMP have more time to spend on other ASL products? It strikes me that having all the core modules prepared will probably be a huge relief and will free some more time for other stuff.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hollow Legions will be the last core module to see 2nd edition. Once it is released will MMP have more time to spend on other ASL products? It strikes me that having all the core modules prepared will probably be a huge relief and will free some more time for other stuff.
We can only hope so......

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Shouldn't that be "last core module to see a MMP edition"? Did HP have a second edition? (I still see the point of MMP having master files for all core modules, it makes it so much easier for them to launch a reprint)

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
HP was released in the new style and did not need a 2nd edition. The fact that MMP have master files for all the core modules reduces the amount of work needed considerably I should think.

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Insofar as new work on ASL, it will be interesting to see what treatment the '48 Arab-Israeli conflict will receive. Will it be an Action Pack, a HASL, or a full blown module?

Perry stated on another forum something long these lines WILL be published.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Somebody should put up on the Gamesquad website, a poll to indicate what should be next in the MMP hopper.
(After Hollow Legions [3d Ed], Sword & Fire: Manila, and ASL Journal 13; of course)

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd love to see another HASL like KGP 1 & 2, one that features maneuver rather than a city fight.
The trouble probably lies with the scope of the representation. Most prolonged engagements that could be covered in an ASL presentation occurred within built up areas with a few exceptions. The battles would be fought in non-urban terrain, one side would probably lose in a fairly quick time and withdraw to the next battle fought in a different location (i.e. off map). The greatest exception of course would probably be in the PTO but again these were more than likely a grinding grudge match with limited maneuver for the forces involved. The one that springs to mind that may be able to meet the increased maneuver element with limited urban warfare may be the battles around Nancy, but then this is only a cursory view as I have not delved deeply into the particulars. Pretty sure there are others that could garner both interest in the engagement and meet the requirements though.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
What about Arrancourt? MMP is soon to release a BCS module of this. Is the scale suitable for ASL too?

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
There's still Doomed Battalions and The Unpronouncable Finnish module in the pipeline - at least I hope it is - not to mention upcoming Yanks reprint...

IMHO MMP does very good job at giving us new things each year. What I would really like for them to do is to keep in print their products, at least the very core. It's quite off putting that a newcomer just isn't able to play core game, because he doesn't have the option to buy core modules - in the outcome many people can drift off the hobby, not due to sheer module price, but their OOP status.

And updating the info about the content change of the reprinted stuff at MMP site would also be very helpful...

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Instead of tying down large amounts of capital in "keep in print" inventory, I'd much rather MMP do what they do right now. Do batch runs when they are reasonable sure they can sell off entire batches and free up capital again for new projects (ie maintain inventory velocity). There's always more money to be made but keeping a reasonable working model within the confines of capital and other business parameters is the challenge.

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Technically zero is a velocity.
I think I disagree... Velocity is defined as speed and direction.

If there is no speed I do not believe there can be a direction
and therefore zero cannot be a velocity, technically-

Jus' Sayin'

DD-