West Coast Melee XXIV - Feb. 24-27 2022

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
West Coast Melee returns for our 24th annual tournament from Thursday, February 24th through Sunday, February 27, 2022. This year we will be at a new venue, at the Holiday Inn West Covina located at 3223 E. Garvey Ave. North, West Covina, CA.

Stay tuned for more details to come...

Semper Fi!
Scott

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
Hi, any more info on the tournament? website?

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
West Coast Melee XXIV search will take you where you need to be.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
They've had a couple of videos of years past on YT.
Pretty good stuff.

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Monday is a holiday. WCM starts on Thursday.

This is a short workweek.
Hey Larry...with your job, I thought that every week was a short workweek for you... :LOL:🤣:LOL:

See you on Thursday.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Larry...with your job, I thought that every week was a short workweek for you... :LOL:🤣:LOL:

See you on Thursday.

Semper Fi!
Scott
I am self-employed with 32 employees. I can work any 60 hours a week I choose. That is flexibility.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This image shows the main room; across the atrium was second smaller room as well.

They co-wrote the campaign game rules and years later still enjoying and having some fun moments with Valor of the Guards

The situation below: an M10 tank destroyer got three extra ROF shots to pull the GIs back into the game; the Germans needed only a "7" to win the CC and the scenario but an "8" was rolled, here are the players' classic reaction after playing an epic game of ASL. Many such moments were shared this weekend.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What was the result of the finals? The scenario was Tripwire?

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I lost to David Deresinksi, beat me after I gacked my 57L on its second shot (after bouncing the flank shot on the Panther) and then gacked by radio for the three 60mm mortar trade-in. Dave Perham beat James Quinn in the third place match.

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I lost to David Deresinksi beat me after I gacked my 57L on its second shot (after bounding the flank shot on the Panther) and then gacked by radio for the three 60mm mortar trade-in. Dave Perham beat James Quinn in the third place match.
Dave sure has a certain style, usually a different perspective on any given scenario.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I lost to David Deresinksi, beat me after I gacked my 57L on its second shot (after bouncing the flank shot on the Panther) and then gacked by radio for the three 60mm mortar trade-in. Dave Perham beat James Quinn in the third place match.
I’m guessing you guys played ‘tripwire’ ? I like this scenario and played it against Gor-Gor in the Albany final one year. Could you do a little more detailed ARR ? I know you’re busy but had to ask. Dave should do one, he’s got plenty of time, lol. I would recommend to anybody who plays Dave: Take the offense because Dave is a highly skilled and creative attacker. He is also a sneaky and nasty defender but perhaps attacking is his strong suit and overall attitude.

Last edited:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m guessing you guys played ‘tripwire’ ? I like this scenario and played it against Gor-Gor in the Albany final one year. Could you do a little more detailed ARR ? I know your busy but had to ask. Dave should do one, he’s got plenty of time, lol. I would recommend to anybody who plays Dave: Take the offense because Dave is a highly skilled and creative attacker. He is also a sneaky and nasty defender but perhaps attacking is his strong suit and overall attitude.
I put the GMC behind the wall next to the .50 cal. David crept out and put the JgPz in view. I fired in DFF and gained acq. AP shot. In the following prep fire, I rolled the 1,1 with APCR. Flamed. In DF and in the PFPh, I rolled 9's on the radio. Should have gotten the phone.

Dave's turn 2 popped two rounds of smoke grenades with the orchards gave him plus 6 hindrance. The Panther eased into the woods and passed the bog check. In DFF, I rolled a 9 for radio contact. Having not had the ability to try motion, I rolled an APCR shot and missed. Dave returned fire, and of course missed.

Ami turn 2, I finally rolled for contact but Dave new the radio was somewhere but not quite sure. I could not see KEU. I put the AP/SR in the middle of the expected approach. The GMC looked for an APCR round to pound the Panther. He was sad to find out that he had no APCR left. In the MPh, the GMC looked for his smoke pot only to find out that he had none of that either. Should have looked for a smoke grenade to toss out the top but it did not matter, the Panther pulled out a CH and the GMC went up in flames. My boys on the wall back, just didn't feel that the Ami morale could withstand the German firepower.

Axis 3, the Germans swarmed into the gully. Dave moved the Panther up to the wall. wanting to go around and harass a HS trying to dissuade the Germans from venturing too far too fast. Limited time in LOS, I need a 6 TH with the 57L at 8 hexes. I rolled a 5. So far so good, now I need an 8. Rolled a 10. The Panther shrugged it off and went round the outside. In DFPh, Dave convinced me, and I fell into it, that I could not move my SR 6 hexes and convert to an FFE. In better lighting, I now know that I just needed to pull one more of the 9 black chits to bring it down. My fault, my bad. The 57L took a shot using AP at some infantry that he could see, SMC and squad. Second shot for that bad boy: 6,6.

Allied 3: Still in the game. No repair of the 57L. PFPh, Let's get this OBA to rain hell. Radio contact: 6,6. Well, the phone would not have helped after all. Could not see much else. Made another mistake and tried to flambe the Panther with a MOL. He was in motion and I rolled a smidge too high. That HS would die in DFPh.

Axis 4: No repair of the radio. No repair of the 57L. Exhausted from the previous three days, I conceded. I probably had a 25-30% chance of holding Dave off but failed my personal morale check. Game over.

I would play the scenario again.