Other "missing" counters?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thinking about the C.8 missing counter and was wondering if folks had other counters that they think the system could use.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
For FtF play when one isn't fond of twisting stacks, a Moved and Fired counter could be handy for larger scenarios. The latter being for when you've fired but kept rate and you've moved onto other shooters. Sticking the Prep Fire/etc counter to the side would work most of the time, but when stacks get close, something you can drop on top would be handy. Another couple handy counters in this context could be "Broken/Malf Below" to remind you there is something to remember in the stack, and maybe "Hasn't Acted" to provide a quick reminder that something in the stack hasn't done anything yet. Those are the 4 items that often trip me up in FtF play in larger scenarios.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
As the community ages larger counters will be required for those whose digits have lost dexterity.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Home made COUNTERS
  • No Quarter Declared
  • Heavy/Strong Wind
  • Rocket Artillery (Nebelwerfer/Kathyusha)
  • Rubble-atop-Level (Octagon shaped)
  • Enlarged Weather/Wind/Condition
  • +3 Dispersed Smoke
  • +2 Dispersed WP
  • Sewer with black and red borders
  • among others, see link.
-

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Opportunity Fire counters would be a nice addition to the "official" FtF set as would be some sort of Bypass indication counter for AFVs to aid in stacking problems (for infantry it would be superfluous). A marginal one could be 1 PF Fired/Used counter. During VASL play I make counters for a DASH Location, though during FtF play I think it would have limited applicability. The only other information counter that I can readily think of that may be of some help would be an Overstacked counter for those rare times one may need that reminder.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did the Starshell Attempt ones but not the Set DC, hmm.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What would be a good use for the back of a "PF Used" counter?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
What would be a good use for the back of a "PF Used" counter?
I don't see the PF used counter necessity if you have a DFF SW used one, as firing a PF is the same as firing a SW.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
No Quarter Declared
I made 3 of these with blank counters: Axis NQ, Allied NQ, Ax-Al NQ. Very helpful to set out on the map somewhere as a reminder, especially when only one side has declared such. At least through the initial turns before it becomes ingrained.

I also used a fine-tip black marker to write MOL on a blaze counter that I set out, because I almost always seem to forget MOL availability for a particular scenario.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't see the PF used counter necessity if you have a DFF SW used one, as firing a PF is the same as firing a SW.
But if a squad has a non inherent SW you could fire it and a PF.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I see.
So it makes sense to differentiate the counters.
You would have the same problem to distinguish between two non inherent SW : two MG, two Lt Mtr, two PSK - or a mix (one MG and a Lt Mtr), etc.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good point, but I guess in the case of multiple support weapons you could put the "FF SW" counter on the SW that fired.