Ponyri completed....

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
siege catapults: A siege catapult is treated as per the gun rules. Requires a full squad to move and fire. or screw it make it off board artillery instead!!!

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Still would need Observer rules for off-board catapults.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
What about rules for placing decapitated heads from captured prisoners on the catapult. Surely they will create a negative morale modifier on the defenders, akin to the friendly OBA effect!

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am starting to hear that folk song from the 1960s by the Mommas & the Pappas.... "Monday, Monday".....

Now Google that song and let it stick in yer head for the weekend....

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand
What about rules for placing decapitated heads from captured prisoners on the catapult. Surely they will create a negative morale modifier on the defenders, akin to the friendly OBA effect!
Would that invoke No Quarter? I can't find a rules reference for catapulting decapitated heads in the eASLRB.

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can you draw and quarter prisoners without invoking No Quarter? Seems like it should be automatic to me...:unsure::LOL:🤣

Semper Fi!
Scott

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I recommend this fictional book about the battle.

Written by David A Robbins.

Title is: The Last Citadel.

Very descriptive battles using the T34 M42 for the Russians and how the SS II Panzer Corps attacked the Southern perimeter.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If/when this is published, is there an estimate on the amount of counters that MIGHT be included in this HASL?

I know there should be a bunch of Ferdinand AFVs, and possibly a bunch of StuG IIIG (L)s, but other than that, I believe this might just be an infantry heavy blood bath.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
There is a big tank battle going on in this module from what I have heard. And a big infantry battle too.

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The OB is pretty balanced with lots of infantry and armor. Yes, Ferds and several Stugs, Marders, and once the Pz18th comes in, PzIIIs and IVs. Russians - the standards; T34s, KVs, SU76s, and some SPs.

The terrain is also balanced between rural and urban. Flat terrain with Level O obstacles. No Slopes, no funny business :)

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If/when this is published, is there an estimate on the amount of counters that MIGHT be included in this HASL?

I know there should be a bunch of Ferdinand AFVs, and possibly a bunch of StuG IIIG (L)s, but other than that, I believe this might just be an infantry heavy blood bath.
There will be some opportunities for armored engagements on the perimeters. But yes, Stug IIIs and KV 1 M42s are the most common AFVS

and RADIOLESS T-70's and T-34s

Only two scenarios feature Ferdinands, plus some availability in the CG.

They really didn't get all that close to the town in significant numbers.

Like RB and VotG, most of the extra counters will be infantry.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I heard on FB that there is a monster scenario designed for this module. Is that your work Pete Shelling?