Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Finished of punching out the counters for BV, RF and Yanks, 27 sheets in prep for clipping the recent commission work

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Finally sorted the remaining counters from Red Factories, plus overlays. Went through second stage sort for the Russian and German counters in my Raaco boxes.

Completed clipping and sorting the Croix de Guerre counters plus the Inor counters ( die cutting was offset on sheet 2) I’ll need to get a replacement from Xavier.

Spent a good few hours trying to get the VASL Template program working, succeeded in the end.

Browsed through the newly arrived Biazza Ridge package.

realised I really need a root and branch sort through of all my ASL TPPs. Filing system is becoming chaotic. Also need to offload any superfluous CH counters, there are lots….

sent out the VASL templated scenario to the Friday VASL gang for play this Friday.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Checked the price of buying CdGv2/Dinant.....AUD$345 including shipping...
That's because the shipping weight exceeds 2kg. Postage costs really jump once the scale hits that mark. Shipping options also lessen. Have you looked into one of the forward shippers based in Oregon or Washington state? I know a guy who uses one to ship his ASL purchases Down Under.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
plus the Inor counters ( die cutting was offset on sheet 2)
The die cutting was offset on my sheet 2 as well. But I can live with it. It only affected a few counters. I can clean them up with a sharp blade.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The die cutting was offset on my sheet 2 as well. But I can live with it. It only affected a few counters. I can clean them up with a sharp blade.
That's true, the existing MMP counters can be used for the mis-shaped squads. Fortunately the Legion counters are fine, with their raised broken morale. Those do not exist in the current system.

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
That's because the shipping weight exceeds 2kg. Postage costs really jump once the scale hits that mark. Shipping options also lessen. Have you looked into one of the forward shippers based in Oregon or Washington state? I know a guy who uses one to ship his ASL purchases Down Under.
I have heard of them but have not used any so far. I picked up a few things last ASLOK, but that option won't be happening again for a while yet.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have heard of them but have not used any so far.
Go figure. The guy I was talking about (in Newcastle) just ordered a couple things yesterday--your Monday. If you know him, maybe you can figure out a way to share the costs from Oregon, assuming your order arrived in Portland before his shipped for Aussie. (His order ships to OR later today.)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
A Prominent ASLer is coming to the UK this week and offered to mule some stuff over for myself and MartinVicca, alas we are up to date with releases tho😞

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Today I started to wonder about PBEM opponent I have not heard of in a while. Discovered I had prepared a logfile myself couple of weeks back - and never sent it across.

Now I am trying to figure out how stupid can you feel about yourself.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Today I started to wonder about PBEM opponent I have not heard of in a while. Discovered I had prepared a logfile myself couple of weeks back - and never sent it across.

Now I am trying to figure out how stupid can you feel about yourself.
Welcome to the club.

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Today I started setting up the Marines of BLTs 1, 2 and 3 for the initial scenario of BRT CG III.
I've had BRT since it came out and have played a few scenarios over the years, but now we're going all-in for the big one.

VASL makes it all easier.
Please keep us updated! We've gotta know how this goes!

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A Prominent ASLer is coming to the UK this week and offered to mule some stuff over for myself and MartinVicca, alas we are up to date with releases tho😞
Mr Pleva made it then? I wonder if he will make Bovington and the Normandy beaches................

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Mr Pleva made it then? I wonder if he will make Bovington and the Normandy beaches................
No he travels up to Scotland on Monday and will be spending time at Martin’s in Aberdeen and my place before heading home next weekend , his Normandy visit with Jim Bishop got cancelled due to covid