LFT's new HASL map.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
It’s similar to the KGP maps, hills, woods and small towns. Nothing wrong with that. 😎👍🏻
The KGP maps are not so block like. Plus they have more variety of colours.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The KGP maps are not so block like. Plus they have more variety of colours.
The colours are defined by the existing ASL terrain graphics. The terrain is defined by the topography of the region. not sure where you're going with this one.

I recently played a game where designer decided that the Russian marine counters would have base colour of shocking pink. That was different. And bright.

Last edited:

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The colours are defined by the existing ASL terrain graphics. The terrain is defined by the topography of the region. not sure where you're going with this one.
There's a remarkable variety of tints and shades that seem acceptable even in "standard" artwork. Guess we didn't hit a sweet spot for Honza.

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Now that I have my copy in my hands the only thing I don't care for about the map is that I find it hard to see the paths against the woods background (they are fine in the brush and light woods hexes, just too little contrast against the dark green shade of the full woods.) Using the white line to show the crest lines in the woods is a very nice touch. I also very much appreciate that the designers decided to omit slopes on the map - it seems rare that they are worth the LOS & movement complications they introduce and given how much terrain is on this map it really doesn't need the slopes anyway.

I'm also at the point that I appreciate any HASL that doesn't feel the need to ram even more German SMC into my already glutted counter storage containers. It's like I'm human traffic-ing in there.