Hakkaa Päälle! Errata and FAQ

Babyear

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,
Had some free time today, so I'm applying the HP errata. A quick question on the last set of tables for H1.83. I think I should use the top set of tables, although the bottom set is marked for use for ASLRBs published during BV2. I've got BV 3rd Ed., page H8 in my RB is dated 2000. The only difference I see in the tables is the # In Game Row numbers. I know BV2 included RB - is that the difference in the figures between the two sets of provided tables? Thanks.
Yes. the difference is because the Chapter H tables include the counters for the HASL that came with BVv2. If you like, I created sticky errata that includes both sets of tables (BVv2 and BVv3) based on the HP errata. Here is the link:

http://texas-asl.com/download/ASL Hakkaa Paalle Errata Ver 1.pdf

Last edited:

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Babyear

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, shouldn't be that hard to include a new version in the HP file I guess.
Sorry I missed this message somehow. I reviewed this thread today for the first time.

I was able to apply the J10 version of the sticky digitally using photoshop. It's a really tight fit. Don't think I could do it with sticky paper and scissors. If I create an entry for the note it would have to appear at the end of the footnote section. I will look into creating this within the next few weeks.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
So are the errata well enough characterized by now that they can be condensed from this 17 pages and made into a sticky?

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Perhaps I'll have better luck in this thread, since my questions in the other specific thread (http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?122811-172-The-last-attack) have been ignored.

Scenario 172 "The Last Attack". From the information in the other thread (as linked above), it turns out that SSR 2 is somewhat deficient in its wording -- in that it fails to mention an extremely important point -- namely, that none of the Russian setup restrictions apply to any of the SW in any of the Russian groups.

Or possibly that is only true of groups 6-8. It's still a little vague.

"For each of the selected Groups 1-5 ... units in each group must set up within two hexes of the group's designated hex."

Since SW are not units, SW are exempted from that restriction -- true/false? The thread linked above is not completely clear on this point.

"Units/Guns from Groups 6-8 must set up in ...". Again, SW are neither units nor Guns, so they are exempt from the restrictions of this sentence. That seems to be definitely true from the comments in the previous thread?

In terms of "hiding the designer's actual intentions", this must be one of the worst SSR I have ever seen in an official product. Can we get some official errata/clarification for it, please? I would suggest explicitly adding a sentence such as "SW from all selected Groups may be set up with units from any Groups."

Last edited:

Teemu L

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Hi,

I'm sorry that your questions have been ignored. Would you ask the scenario designer himself? That is "Larth".

I hope that you enjoy playing HP.

Teemu

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Dear moderators,

Would it be a good idea to have this thread as a sticky in the rules folder as many of the other modules have their similar threads?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What about a single release of all errata counters. Print them in small backs so you can part them out instead of giving everyone the same counter blast. I would gladly pay shipping and printing charges.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What about a single release of all errata counters. Print them in small backs so you can part them out instead of giving everyone the same counter blast. I would gladly pay shipping and printing charges.
An annual counter sheet of all the errata counters for the year (like the Gamers used to do) could be released each year at Winter Offensive in the Journal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"An annual counter sheet of all the errata counters for the year (like the Gamers used to do) could be released each year at Winter Offensive in the Journal." (william.stoppel) ~~ With that model they even sell a bunch more Journal copies.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Are there any plans for a new print run for Hakkaa Päälle?
MMP could add the Finns to Hollow Legions, to test our level of colour blindness.
Seriously, I have seen no news about a reprint.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As far as I know, do not suffer from color blindness. Scenario blindness, that's another question.
3rd edition Hollow Legions is the last core module update that I require at this time. [and it is on pre-order].
Maybe two/three years down the road, MMP should consider a reprint of Hakkaa Paalle with extra upgraded scenarios.

Tesgora

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In 167 Breakout From Prääzä, the date for the action is wrong. It is not 8 August 1941; but instead 8 September 1941. 168 Forest Bastion (8 September 1941) provides more context on the battle and the aftermath of the scenario points at the subsequent action featured in 167 Breakout From Prääzä. In an ideal world, official ASL scenarios are in chronological sequence and therefore the sequence of scenarios should be Forest Bastion, then Breakout From Prääzä. A standard (English) source like Vesa Nenye et al., Finland at War. The Continuation and Lapland Wars 1941-45, confirms in its chronology that Prääzä (spelled Prääsä) was taken on 8 September 1941.