Who is going to sort through your ASL stuff when you are dead?

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Honestly...I don't really care. I have a few players that I would have my wife donate parts of my collection to. Most will go to my future son in law who I have managed to ensnare as an ASLSK player...that I will migrate to a full ASL player with time...and patience.
My wife actually had the idea of having a big bucket of counters at my graveside...and everyone that attends can sprinkle a handful of counters on my casket!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
My wife actually had the idea of having a big bucket of counters at my graveside...and everyone that attends can sprinkle a handful of counters on my casket!
Well, that could support a congregation of mourners of some 25,000 if each one would throw in one... ;)

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What about Olli?

I reckon, he's the only one around who can have built an entire pyramid for himself dwarfing those of the ancient pharaos made of RAACO Handy Boxes to be entombed beneath.

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Honestly...I don't really care. I have a few players that I would have my wife donate parts of my collection to. Most will go to my future son in law who I have managed to ensnare as an ASLSK player...that I will migrate to a full ASL player with time...and patience.
Your wife's idea is excellent!! Further proof that our significant others are the true unsung heroes of ASL. 🤗🤗

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, that could support a congregation of mourners of some 25,000 if each one would throw in one... ;)

von Marwitz
Hahaha...25,000? I have two full sets of all nationalities, every HASL, the complete collection of BGD counters, and about half of all the CH mods with a bunch of nationality sets. About 55 bead containers full. I reckon the full city of Ottawa could attend and sprinkle counters...and my wife would still have to burn a bunch more.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I knew roughly when I was going to fail my mortality task check, I'd have in place a disposition plan for my ASL stuff.
[I have less than some, but more than others]. But I can't see the future.

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Either my wife (who understands the value of the collection, if not monetarily at least it's value to the hobby), or I'll put it in the will. In either case it will go to people who want to use it or collect it. No way in hell it's going in the trash.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
I am considering a Viking funeral?
Basically being a Viking myself, I would genuinely love to know what a modern day American understands under a “Viking funeral“.

My only instruction to my wife so far is that there will be no minister/priest present during whatever Process she plans for me after I am dead. But a Viking funeral could be the thing for me...

As for my ASL stuff, I could give it all to Oliver Gray, he is THE ONE to appreciate even more ASL counters...

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Basically being a Viking myself, I would genuinely love to know what a modern day American understands under a “Viking funeral“.

My only instruction to my wife so far is that there will be no minister/priest present during whatever Process she plans for me after I am dead. But a Viking funeral could be the thing for me...

As for my ASL stuff, I could give it all to Oliver Gray, he is THE ONE to appreciate even more ASL counters...
Us 'Mericans still think Vikings have horns on their helmets. Too much opera!🤣

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
The Vikings movie(1958) starring Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis ended with the Viking funeral . "Prepare a funeral for a Viking," An archer dramatically shoots a flaming arrow onto the sail, and the boat is cast adrift.

In my version after multiple to hit attempts and normal misses. The boat sails out of LOS. Searching unsuccessfully they give up.
The boat drifts off….. finders keepers?

Greg Q

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heading into retirement next month, 1 of my projects is to sell off what I can.

The remainder will be left to a gamer friend who will appreciate it. Pretty much the same as everything else.

I've accumulated a lot of stuff over the years, games, coins, tools, sports memorabilia, etc. most of which the family doesn't appreciate as much as others might. I didn't intend for that to sound bitter in any way, I am blessed with a wonderful family. Just a fact, your hobbies are your own and have greater value to those with like minded interests.

Make a plan and help the hobby!

gq