• Poll closed .

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
We didn't clip ours wwbitd because the flint just wasn't precise enough. Now if you had some obsidian that was a different matter but cost a lot of clams.😊
To be fair, I am only so "strident" in my views on clipping because I think it's semi-funny. I could really care less how a person keeps his counters. I like how mine look. I prefer my clipped counters to most any other set out there. The only set of counters I have seen which are better are done by the ASL Arts and Crafts Dept run by @Bill Cirillo and @Sean Deller. They carefully spray their counters front and back before gently removing them from the sprues and trimming with a "chisel" Xacto blade. They are a thing of beauty. Far an away the best set of counters these eyes have ever seen. -- jim

Last edited:

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To be fair, I am only so "strident" in my views on clipping because I think it's semi-funny. I could really care less how a person keeps his counters. I like how mine look. I prefer my clipped counters to most any other set out there. The only set of counters I have seen which are better are done by the ASL Arts and Crafts Dept run by @Bill Cirillo and @Sean Deller. They carefully trim spray their counters front and back before gently removing them from the sprues and trimming with a "chisel" Xacto blade. They are a thing of beauty. Far an away the best set of counters these eyes have ever seen. -- jim
"Artisanal" counters, in other words.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
What kind of heathen wouldn't clip his counters? Nail clippers are the ONLY acceptable way. The only thing worse than clipping your counters with one of those fancy Oregon cutters is not clipping them at all. <SHUDDER>. -- jim

PS: Fort used to give me un-clipped counters in my OB when we played with his kit. He knew I would clip them for him that way, the bastage.
I was looking forward to some spirited debate between the " yes I clip " contingent and the " no I don't " adherents but apparently there aren't enough of us " no " heathens around to form a debate team.

I guess I will have to be satisfied with the exchanges between the " Oregon fancy high faluting I'll spend $50.00 on clippers " crowd and the " as soon as I clean the toe jam off these nail clippers I'm back to clipping " folks.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have to admit that I am Stunned! So far 17 yes, 0 no, and 1 other. I'm really curious about the " other ".πŸ€”πŸ€”

Apparently this heathen will slink back to his Cave and ponder when it all passed him by. πŸ™„πŸ™„

Sigh.
No...I am that "heathen". I wrote "other" because the question was simply a yes or no..and I assumed when you meant a yes for clipping, it was with an Oregon cutter of some sort. So I assumed using a nail clipper was not an "official" yes to clipping. Sorry...I hope you were not losing sleep wondering what other method was used!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
No...I am that "heathen". I wrote "other" because the question was simply a yes or no..and I assumed when you meant a yes for clipping, it was with an Oregon cutter of some sort. So I assumed using a nail clipper was not an "official" yes to clipping. Sorry...I hope you were not losing sleep wondering what other method was used!
No problem. I didn't lose too much sleep as Captain Bacchus and I drowned our disillusionment with a box of cheap wine last night. As is befitting for a couple heathen sailors.

I think you can change your vote to " yes " if you like. For some reason my poll questions lack clarity.

Last edited:

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
... as soon as I clean the toe jam off these nail clippers I'm back to clipping " folks.
This is a non-starter. The clippers I use for counters are used solely for that purpose. -- jim

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No problem. I didn't lose too much sleep as Captain Bacchus and I drowned our disillusionment with a box of cheap wine last night. As is befitting for a couple heathen sailors.

I think you can change your vote to " yes " if you like. For some reason my poll questions lack clarity.
Ah well...you are a sailor...I am a soldier...so it is no wonder I misunderstood the question!

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

I think you can change youur vote to " yes " if you like. For some reason my poll questions lack clarity.

The option is there to change your vote if you like.
Question clearly understood...and vote changed. If it is that easy for you to get people to change votes...you should think about a career in politics.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

Maybe your polls would clear up with claret...
Possibly the heart of a sailor could warm to a bottle of Amiral de Beychevelle Saint-Julien.

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
To be fair, I am only so "strident" in my views on clipping because I think it's semi-funny. I could really care less how a person keeps his counters. I like how mine look. I prefer my clipped counters to most any other set out there. The only set of counters I have seen which are better are done by the ASL Arts and Crafts Dept run by @Bill Cirillo and @Sean Deller. They carefully spray their counters front and back before gently removing them from the sprues and trimming with a "chisel" Xacto blade. They are a thing of beauty. Far an away the best set of counters these eyes have ever seen. -- jim
The best counters I ever saw were the ones Fish was throwing in his Red Barricades CG Todt Box!!!🀣🀣🀣

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The best counters I ever saw were the ones Fish was throwing in his Red Barricades CG Todt Box!!!🀣🀣🀣
Todt Box was where we each kept our casualties. πŸ˜”πŸ˜” We each had one. His had the warning on the lid " Do not fill "!πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Unfortunately not something he had to be overly concerned about. πŸ™„