Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Started another commission for clipping for a player, third set of his counters

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Yes my friend John and myself need to get our finger out to do the same here .

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, Olli. Another future item to reserve purchasing monies for (sigh).

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Just completed my AAR for J150 The Sangshak Redemption.

This is a fine little PTO action in which both sides get to attack and to defend in a vicious action for a little village. Our game came down to the last CC.

ROAR (as of April 2021) has it 36 British vs. 39 Japanese wins with a very respectable Excitement Rating of 6.82.
My opponent liked it so much to award it a straight 9.

Find the full AAR here.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The Oberst has today found a reason why this cardboard war must be fought til the Endsieg:

Usually, he has no cultural beef with anyone, but there are limits to barbarism. Despite his high esteem for exquisite vintages, the Amis must be ruthlessly subjugated to the monstrosity of 'plant-based beer'. Deutsches Reinheitsgebot now!

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The Oberst has today found a reason why this cardboard war must be fought til the Endsieg:

Usually, he has no cultural beef with anyone, but there are limits to barbarism. Despite his high esteem for exquisite vintages, the Amis must be ruthlessly subjugated to the monstrosity of 'plant-based beer'. Deutsches Reinheitsgebot now!

von Marwitz
Aren't barley and hops plants?🤔

I know we are thrusting plant based foods upon the culinary world but I haven't heard of plant based beer.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

von Marwitz
Not sure if the Oberst was just being facetious. I suspect so but Teutonic humor sometimes is over my head. Nevertheless I checked out the Google for plant based beer. I avoid political discourse here but this is part of a now discredited report about measures to reduce climate change. The news outlet that reported this has since retracted the story admitting it was false.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Trying to catch up with ASL business after other things have kept my quite busy lately...

After having sent out two VASL files to my opponents awaiting their defensive setups a few days ago,
today, I have prepared a file for AP163 Dingoes At Damour using the brand new VASSAL v3.5.5 and VASL v6.6.2.

Likely, I will be playing the defeders, so I have to follow up with a definsive setup for this one.

I have to prepare two other VASL files for other opponents and then work on the setups for those.

When this is all done, I'll finally get to the point where I can play the friggin' game...

von Marwitz

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Clipped some Black SS, Allied Minors, Axis Minors, Italians, Yanks, British, Japanese, Italians and Russians, from my latest commission work only CdG French, Germans and the BFP Poles to do. Oh and a bag full of 1/2” info counters

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Clipped some Black SS, Allied Minors, Axis Minors, Italians, Yanks, British, Japanese, Italians and Russians, from my latest commission work only CdG French, Germans and the BFP Poles to do
Hopefully the " clips " go into the recycle bin or your local landfill is going to exceed capacity!😉😉