Rear Machine Gun

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
An AFV only has a RMG. Can use it in CC ? Or it must be added to another MG to use it?

I look at the wording of A11.62, and I think I played that badly....

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Like any other CC allowable MG it may attack independently or in conjunction with other vehicular MGs. The vehicle need not have another functioning vehicular MG for it to be able to be used in CC.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Like any other CC allowable MG it may attack independently or in conjunction with other vehicular MGs. The vehicle need not have another functioning vehicular MG for it to be able to be used in CC.
Thx, I have been playing that only CMG and AAMG can attack on CC for two years. The first sentence of A11.62 doesn’t look as the ASL usual wording

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
An AFV only has a RMG. Can use it in CC ? Or it must be added to another MG to use it?

I look at the wording of A11.62, and I think I played that badly....

Per A11.62 RMGs can be used in CC. It can attack in combination with other elegible MGs or separately:

"... An AFV may combine any CMG (+1 DRM on a Narrow Street; B31.132), RMG, halftrack Passenger's FP, and AAMG FP into one or more combined CC attacks or use them separately in different CC attacks. ..."

von Marwitz

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think we all do. The other day I was poking around trying to find out more information on a Churchill Kangaroo project and Paul would have known all about it immediately.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I think we all do. The other day I was poking around trying to find out more information on a Churchill Kangaroo project and Paul would have known all about it immediately.
What was your question? I have Ellis & Chamberlain and some other references that might be able to help.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Was looking at the same topic. 🤔

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IIRC, some RMG cannot be used along with CMG (or MA), but NRBH.
If so it would be in Ch H notes and I surely couldn't say without checking the specific notes for the vehicle in question. If you're speaking of using the RMG ILO of the MA during an OVR (perhaps what you're thinking of) this can be done. There may be a vehicle with a MA MG and a RMG & in that case one or the other could be used but not both I believe.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tank Chats is what got me wondering how far along the Churchill 'roo project went and whether or not it was fielded and if so, what sort of numbers.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Tank Chats is what got me wondering how far along the Churchill 'roo project went and whether or not it was fielded and if so, what sort of numbers.
I just remember the narrator commenting on the superior climbing ability of a Churchill tank as being the reason for wanting a Ram variant.

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I just remember the narrator commenting on the superior climbing ability of a Churchill tank as being the reason for wanting a Ram variant.
That would seem to have merit, I suspect you are all familiar with the Longstop battle where the Germans were surprised by Churchills having climbed an "impossible" slope.

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
He's first in line for the CIASLRB. The chip to be implanted at the next WO.🤗

Cranial Implant Advanced Squad Leader Rulebook
The...prototype chip...is...working...fine. ASL...is...a fun...game. The...rulebook is...fun to...read...everyday.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So I have "British and American Tanks of World War Two" which I guess is the Ellis and Chamberlain that you, @Michael Dorosh were referring to? It lists an experiment with a Centaur Kangaroo, the Priest and Ram Kangaroos and Sherman III conversions in Italy to the Kangaroo pattern, but surprisingly nothing on a Churchill Kangaroo.