AP163 Dingoes at Damour

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Enjoyed this tournament sized scenario from the Aussie Action Pack. My first Asl game since November!

12 Aussie 447 with two Mark VI (10 CMG, 1 armor) plus three carriers vs 10 Vichy 457 plus a 75* gun (AP5) reinforced with two AC's turn 2 (with 37* and 4 lmg). The vichy set up in a cluster of buildings which by SSR are single story, wooden, with no rowhouse bars. Surrounding them on board 35 is 5-6 hexes of orchards. The orchards and essentially unopposed aussie armor compel a 'circle the wagons' style defense. The tanks are brutal with only the threat of HE 7TK from the gun to keep them at bay (barring a lucky mg roll). Meanwhile the 3 aussie ATR's and 4 lmg's seriously threaten the french AC's. The carriers are destined to be a PITA since the double-small targets are expected to swirl in motion around the compound cutting off rout paths, locking up the gun after its first shots (since it can't set up in a building), and even freezing the AC's (since the mg's are dangerous enough to permit them remaining in hex). Ron launched a full-throttle attack moving in stacks turn 1 without much shooting by either side. BT2 Ron forgot smoke for two mortars and I managed to kill one tank with a lmg but my gun came up short against the third mortar, even after hitting twice. FT2 Ron got a low odds ATR kill on one AC and stunned the other one with a lmg. Meanwhile I was keeping a concealed leader or half squad in the frontline building hexes getting ready for serious CC in smoke-filled soirees.

BT3 (pictured) Ron's remaining mortar found three smoke rounds to cover his approach and froze both the gun and remaining AC using carriers and basically surrounded the compound.

BT4 and 5 Ron did a nice job slowly chewing up the defenders and pulled out the win in turn 6.

A fun scenario that took 3 hours playing time for us. Probably a 5 hour tournament block would be very doable. We'd recommend it.

Attachments

Last edited: