Dispatches from the Bunker #51 was transmitted today.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
One question on DB 160 tough. Finnish never used any German MGs....
Is there a reason the MG counters in Hakkaa Päälle were not used?
At the time that I did the original degign there was NO Hakkaa Päälle in existance.
I used what was available at that time.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
At the time that I did the original design there was NO Hakkaa Päälle in existence.
I used what was available at that time.
We found no big issue using the German equipment, we were using them for Finns for many years.

Excellent and unique action Steve, good job, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys, since Dispatch #51 went out a week ago today I have received the usual batch of broken e-mails back so IF you expected a copy and did not receive it, Please e-mail me directly at:

aslbunker@aol.com

What I have so far for busted e-mails:

raymondwoloszyn7358@earthlink.net, wwscrispin@verizon.net, wentwolf@cox.net, resubionpdutram@roadrunner.com,
olavheie@broadpark.no, Luca.martini@live.com, jhbock@charter.net, Reply1410@gmail.com, denise@france-mackenzie.com,dachda@aracnet.com,

If you were any of the above and have a new e-mail, contact me ASAP so I can get #51 to you, Thanks, Vic.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
We found no big issue using the German equipment, we were using them for Finns for many years.
Hardly the point Vic. Yes, we were using 3-8 MGs for the Finns for many years -- but we now know that this was ridiculous and a stupid lazy error on TAHGC's part (clearly TAHGC had done very little research on the Finns for CoD, and they then proceeded to do even less research for BV).

Now it is what it is, and there's not a lot of point crying about what the scenario "should" have been like, but I would sincerely suggest that should you happen to have any other pending scenarios using out-of-date design elements, that the design be revisited before publication.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I don't usually question what Steve Swann submits and assumed he had the info he needed for the unit.

We'll strive to do better next time. Sorry to ruffle any feathers with this, I hope you enjoy it in any event, it is a cool scenario, Vic.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Hi, preparing to play Delayed at Cogon and I have a couple of questions:

- The Japanese OOB lists 8 Open Ground PFZs. Does this mean that a potential total of 8 hexes of jungle could be converted to Open Ground? Or that you need one PFZ to act as Vineyard and a second as Open Ground so that a potential total of 4 hexes of jungle can be converted to OG?

- The armored bulldozer in the American OOB has 6 MFs. However, the standard bulldozer has 8 MFs. Is it a special rule for this? I did not see any listed.

Looking forward to play this one, thanks!

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Pablo,

The bulldozer MP should be 8, that will be corrected when Vic sends everyone the updated version in a couple weeks.

The PFZ result in a potential 4 Jungle hexes converting to open ground.

This scenario is a blast, lot's of sneaky defensive options for the IJA, and lot's of attack options for the Amis.

Regards,

Tom

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Nasty PTO Mayhem to say the least.

Sorry for the typos that got past the proofing process, as Tom said we'll get those fixed and I'll re-transmit the newsletter soon.

Thanks for asking and Tom for answering, your ASL Comrade, Vic.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
And a further question. The Japanese can setup entrenched in a fohxole and/or concealed if in concealment terrain. Does this really mean that Japanese can setup entrenched in a foxhole, and that they are concealed if setup in concealment terrain or a foxhole?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I liked Michael Koch's scenario a lot, great stuff :)

my only comments, if I may make one, here would be that the Welsh Guards should be Elite not 1st line, the Guards in the British Army are always considered Elite.

I think it's a great scenario though :)

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I thought about that but I give my designers a little leeway, maybe they had been degraded by combat at that point?

The scenario works as is, if they had the same amount of elite squads it would tilt in their favor.

I have to keep this in mind going forward, thanks for mentioning it, Vic.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I thought about that but I give my designers a little leeway, maybe they had been degraded by combat at that point?

The scenario works as is, if they had the same amount of elite squads it would tilt in their favor.

Just me putting my oar in is all :) Michael is free to represent them any way he sees fit,
I just felt that Guards should be Elite is all. But, yes, they could well be only 1st line by that point in the war

It is a good scenario :)

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany

Just me putting my oar in is all :) Michael is free to represent them any way he sees fit,
I just felt that Guards should be Elite is all. But, yes, they could well be only 1st line by that point in the war

It is a good scenario :)
Exactly that. In that state of the the war both sides were burned out, the Germans without a doubt, but also the British (and Americans). Replacements had not the same quality as before 1944 and no one was keen to catch a bullet before the soon to come end.
The Germans too lack of troop quality, represented here with a mix of 548s/447s. Saying that, another designer would eveluate the situation totally different, giving the British, as well as the Germans, elite squads only here. Another (for designers) nice aspect of ASL, so much different ways to reflect a situation.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Exactly that. In that state of the the war both sides were burned out, the Germans without a doubt, but also the British (and Americans). Replacements had not the same quality as before 1944 and no one was keen to catch a bullet before the soon to come end.
The Germans too lack of troop quality, represented here with a mix of 548s/447s. Saying that, another designer would eveluate the situation totally different, giving the British, as well as the Germans, elite squads only here. Another (for designers) nice aspect of ASL, so much different ways to reflect a situation.
Got you, that makes a lot of sense right enough.
In my limited experience of writing scenarios for Pete at VFTT (very limited I need to try and write more) I must admit I would probably have made the error of classing them as Elite still despite all of the above.

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't usually question what Steve Swann submits and assumed he had the info he needed for the unit.

We'll strive to do better next time. Sorry to ruffle any feathers with this, I hope you enjoy it in any event, it is a cool scenario, Vic.
Bruce is entirely composed of ruffled feathers. It's unavoidable.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Dispatch #51 being Transmitted today.

Hello to everyone in the ASL Community.

I am very pleased to announce that Dispatch #51 has been transmitted
from my g-mail, e-mail.

See my ongoing thread at Game Squad Forums in the ASL Emporium for ongoing
monthly updates and Info.

As usual the issue has been transmitted as a PDF file in batches depending
on your last issue. This last issue will be mentioned in the subject of the e-mail.
It has 4 new scenarios, great articles by Carl Nogueira and Todd Rezack plus the
usual regional tourney coverage.

I have complete details, including sale pricing, at my monthly update at the Emporium.

If you still need me, e-mail me directly at: aslbunker@aol.com Do NOT PM me here, Thanks.

Thanks again for your interest and support! Roll low and be safe and well, your ASL Comrade, Vic.
Updated Dispatch #51

Hi guys, Vic from Dispatches here.

After #51 went out we found out (Thanks Carl N & Steve P) about some typos in 2 of the scenarios, one was only a misspelling but the other had 2 problems that could affect play. We must be getting old and failed our proofing TC on that one but the great thing about pdf is we can fix these things and get an updated copy out to you.

So anyone that received #51 and/or thinks they are a subscriber, see attached updated #51 in your e-mail and Enjoy!

Also the Dispatches Sale goes on until the end of the month, see my monthly update in the ASL Emporium here for details.

Thanks for your continued interest and support and be safe and well, Vic.