What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The SL version of Road To Wiltz was very pro American. But I do agree it would be fun to play the SL version using ASL rules.

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
An additional rules binder from Second Chance Games. My collection of paper ASLalia has already over-spilled into another binder, but the standard 2-ring binder from the local stationer might be OK for scenarios, but just doesn't cut it for the rules.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
An additional rules binder from Second Chance Games. My collection of paper ASLalia has already over-spilled into another binder, but the standard 2-ring binder from the local stationer might be OK for scenarios, but just doesn't cut it for the rules.
Good call, I need to buy another one of those myself, my rules are already taking up two binders but I reckon one more would help spread them out a bit better.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I have got my rules spread out between six binders. Two for normal rules, one for chapter H and three for HASLs.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I decided to spread my rules out (in page protectors) into 1 inch binders. One for the the advanced sequence of play and index, one each for chapters A & B, one for chapters C & D, one for chapters E, F & G. That way I can have multiple chapters open as I'm trying to puzzle out various rules while playing.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have got my rules spread out between six binders. Two for normal rules, one for chapter H and three for HASLs.
That's pretty much what I've got, reckon I could do with another one for the rules or the HASL's though

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I decided to spread my rules out (in page protectors) into 1 inch binders. One for the the advanced sequence of play and index, one each for chapters A & B, one for chapters C & D, one for chapters E, F & G. That way I can have multiple chapters open as I'm trying to puzzle out various rules while playing.
That's pretty organised, sounds like it works pretty well for you

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Just bought: Alea #36, with the usual ASL scenario: "A por ellos, como en Madrid!", a Free French vs Italians scenario

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
I held out as long as I could and made my first ASL order since preordering CdG2 from MMP at the beginning of last year. LCP's The Steelworks and Blitzkrieg in the West: Central Campaign are on their way from Ritterkrieg.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I held out as long as I could and made my first ASL order since preordering CdG2 from MMP at the beginning of last year. LCP's The Steelworks and Blitzkrieg in the West: Central Campaign are on their way from Ritterkrieg.
both excellent packs especially the steelworks

atago44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's my Chapter 2 entry.

I have just received the following items (for modules they are all the most recent version; I am currently replacing all my old first edition stuff):

Armies of Oblivion
2 copies of Starter Kit 1 (one of these has my nephew's name on it)
Turning the Tide scenario pack (this completes my acquisition of SL scenario conversions)
Action Pack 16

In addition, I received notice that the two following items have been shipped:

MMP's Subsequent Map Bundle
Beyond Valor

With regards to Beyond Valor, I acquired it on Ebay. It is shrink wrapped, and with shipping cost $1.00 more that its list price on the MMP site. So the lesson there is you do not need to pay exorbitant prices to get OOP items.

Now, with regards to progress on my acquiring/replacing core modules, these are my current plans:

I have Deluxe ASL, Forgotten War, and SK 4 on my priority list for future purchases. Also, the rule book (I plan on getting both the hard copy and electronic versions).

I await shipment on my copy of the Rising Sun (no hurry here); Hollow Legions is scheduled to be added to MMP's preorder list in May.

That leaves only Yanks and Doomed Battalions, and I will keep an eye out for something reasonable. And as I have both in first edition anyway, I can wait 'til then.

And the best part of it is that when I have acquired the various accessible modules I will finally be free to buy NEW stuff!

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Ppart payment for one of the map bundles I sold the other week arrived this morning a big thanks to Martin! A few scenarios in RP18 I think I will want to play and over half in the LFT nor Easter pack! These maps will be interesting to play on

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Ppart payment for one of the map bundles I sold the other week arrived this morning a big thanks to Martin! A few scenarios in RP18 I think I will want to play and over half in the LFT nor Easter pack! These maps will be interesting to play on
Well I initially had to laugh when I read about you wanting to play a few scenarios from one pack and over half from another. You play them all!! Then I quickly realized it's not 1987 anymore! Few individuals, if any, could play all the scenarios released in a year.

Someone who doesn't play any scenarios should not comment on anyone else's rate of playing scenarios. Or post before finishing his second cup of coffee. 😉😋

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah, the Nor Easter pack looks really good. Xavier very kindly sent me a copy, it was very good of him. Looking forward to playing it sometime :)