ASL Action Pack #16 and Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #12 (2021) now available!

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at AP172 - Hickory Lickin'.

The German setup south/east of hexgrain 46GG9-T2-53N0 doesn't make sense to me.

Errata?

Rich

Attachments

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
The German setup south/east of hexgrain 46GG9-T2-53N0 doesn't make sense to me.
Can you articulate why you feel it makes no sense? Because you're drawing two big lines on the map (a vertical one and a diagonal one, joining at the top left), and the Germans set up below the diagonal line and to the right of the vertical (all assuming N is at the top). Seems very straight-forward?

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, what I can't figure out is how SSR1 lists "Grain is in Season" when looking at the maps there are no grain hexes for AP172, unless the VASL maps depicted by Rich are missing hexrow 53P and hexrow 46R have grain hexes.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Actually, what I can't figure out is how SSR1 lists "Grain is in Season" when looking at the maps there are no grain hexes for AP172, unless the VASL maps depicted by Rich are missing hexrow 53P and hexrow 46R have grain hexes.
AP172 uses board 46 and 53 - grain on those....

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Like I said in the post I was looking at Rich's VASL maps in his post that showed no grain, thanks Klas
AP172 is set in October. Which means that Grain is Out of Season.

VASL allows you to reflect that by showing the Grain as Open Ground (or as Plowed Fields for that matter).
That is highly lightly the reason why you could see no Grain in Rich's VASL maps - he configured them correctly for October...

A similar thing is true, for example, for Orchards. VASL's artword differs for Out of Season Orchards.

von Marwitz

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AP172 is set in October. Which means that Grain is Out of Season.

VASL allows you to reflect that by showing the Grain as Open Ground (or as Plowed Fields for that matter).
That is highly lightly the reason why you could see no Grain in Rich's VASL maps - he configured them correctly for October...

A similar thing is true, for example, for Orchards. VASL's artword differs for Out of Season Orchards.

von Marwitz
Yeah I know VASL lets you transform terrain, including the seasonal terrain, theatre, etc; it's one of the best things about it. I didn't have the actual boards in front of me so I didn't know if they had grain at all and I noticed that Rich's setup was missing a row so when I saw the SSR I thought maybe the grain was on there. With so many boards and memory being lost to time remembering what exactly each board depicts is harder and harder

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
With so many boards and memory being lost to time remembering what exactly each board depicts is harder and harder
The Oberst is with you. For that reason he has delegated taking care of all this to his orderly and to chastise him if the latter makes a mistake. He'd recommend the same to you as it is much more comfortable and has the added benefit of making you feel good and others bad. ;)

von Marwitz

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does the orderly get an assistant, when the board (eventually) reaches 100 for regular ASL mapboards?

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does the orderly get an assistant, when the board (eventually) reaches 100 for regular ASL mapboards?
Do the orderly get his own crew with unlimited PP capacity? Not to mention the.....

15 Double wide boards we have
35-40 BFP Boards we have
3-5 LFT Boards I think, maybe?
3 Yankee Pack Boards
Not even gonna touch CH.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Do the orderly get his own crew with unlimited PP capacity? Not to mention the.....

15 Double wide boards we have
35-40 BFP Boards we have
3-5 LFT Boards I think, maybe?
3 Yankee Pack Boards
Not even gonna touch CH.
If he were an US orderly, he'd probably get half a supply company with an assortment of trucks and an attached Liberty ship.

As the Oberst's is German, a backpack and a pat on the shoulder will have to do. In case a truck could be found somewhere between Bastogne and Königsberg, this would be reserved for the vintages.

von Marwitz

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't the ASLSK boards as well as DASL boards count as well?