Shanghaid, the port for hijacked threads

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As one of the crew on James Corden's late show said, how come nobody ever draws boobs? Let's get some equal representation out there.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As one of the crew on James Corden's late show said, how come nobody ever draws boobs? Let's get some equal representation out there.
He drew a dick and a butt, mind in gutter. Then he crashed a billion dollar ship, a ship bigger than two aircraft carriers, in a sandstorm and took out the Suez Canal. I think he got some ‘splain’in to do.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
He drew a dick and a butt, mind in gutter. Then he crashed a billion dollar ship, a ship bigger than two aircraft carriers, in a sandstorm and took out the Suez Canal. I think he got some ‘splain’in to do.
Well things can get a bit wierd when you've been out to sea for a while. 🤪

Won't even get into what he was thinking drawing that before entering a " canal ".🙄🙄

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The IFT/IIFT came up on the ASL preacher thread. Seems oddly appropriate to me.

We never used the IIFT since it was entirely optional bitd and we tended to not use optional rules or anything of the sort that would not be used in a tournament. While our playing was always with having fun in mind we were at the same time prepping for tournament play. Plus we had pretty much memorized the IFT so the scenario moved on a lot quicker when not having to reference the chart.

That being said I really can't make an argument for or against either chart having only used the one. Trying to compare and contrast in such a circumstance can only lead to an unbalanced conclusion.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The ASL preacher thread has now spawned protozoan/bar humor. This forum really does provide some diverse entertainment. 🙄

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
In the What Next thread I was pimping Red Barricades but didn't want to keep carrying on about it as the OP didn't seem to show much interest in RB. I found this curious when he stated that his friend and opponent was an Eastern Front fanatic. I find it difficult to understand how someone who is so into the EF hasn't played RB.

Regardless we simply loved RB. The CGs were pure heaven and the scenarios were great also! We totally immersed ourselves into the CGs, without doubt some of the most enjoyable ASL I ever experienced.

Those who feel likewise might put in a good word for RB on the What Next thread but I have to believe the OP there is looking for a TPP and not AH/MMP.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
In the What Next thread I was pimping Red Barricades but didn't want to keep carrying on about it as the OP didn't seem to show much interest in RB. I found this curious when he stated that his friend and opponent was an Eastern Front fanatic. I find it difficult to understand how someone who is so into the EF hasn't played RB.

Regardless we simply loved RB. The CGs were pure heaven and the scenarios were great also! We totally immersed ourselves into the CGs, without doubt some of the most enjoyable ASL I ever experienced.

Those who feel likewise might put in a good word for RB on the What Next thread but I have to believe the OP there is looking for a TPP and not AH/MMP.
Seems as if they are leaning towards Red Barricades. I hope that they enjoy it as much as we did.

In that thread Martin Meyers said he found the Russians to be the dullest nationality. I like them myself and was wondering how others felt about the dullest nationality. May start a poll but I am unsure of all the nationalities available now. Plus have to cook dinner. 😋

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Continuing the RB discussion from What Next.

I never beat Fish in a RB CG. I'd win CG days but could never tie it altogether to beat him. Fish was far too resilient a player to take him down in a campaign. I could beat him in a scenario, possibly two or three in a row but giving him time to regroup and recover was a different matter.

Great stuff though! Loved those campaigns
🥰

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems as if they are leaning towards Red Barricades. I hope that they enjoy it as much as we did.

In that thread Martin Meyers said he found the Russians to be the dullest nationality. I like them myself and was wondering how others felt about the dullest nationality. May start a poll but I am unsure of all the nationalities available now. Plus have to cook dinner. 😋
As a new player I liked the Russians--didn't have to think about deployment and there were generally lots of them. I'm still learning how to best play the different nationalities--US, Italians...they're all interesting to me.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is why I like ASL, the opportunity to learn more about different nationalities and they approach tactical combat.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
In the Gamers Armory Shipping to the U.K. thread Sparafucil3 mentioned $35.00 as not being an unreasonable extra cost for most ASL players to handle. I got to thinking about it in context of what it cost to buy SL wbitd. In 1980 I paid $10 or $12 for SL. I was trying to remember how much COI and COD cost. I checked the Google but no help there. I may have an old AH price list somewhere but I was wondering if anyone could recall what the SL modules cost originally? Thanks!

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't remember that far back, but at the time I believe maybe $20 for COI and $30 for COD. (inflation is never dead)

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
From the Bakelite thread. Earlier today I checked which was heavier, tungsten or uranium. I thought it would be uranium but it was tungsten. Olli was right. He also mentioned that in the aviation industry tungsten rivets were used. Very interesting. 🤔

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
From the Bakelite thread. Earlier today I checked which was heavier, tungsten or uranium. I thought it would be uranium but it was tungsten. Olli was right. He also mentioned that in the aviation industry tungsten rivets were used. Very interesting. 🤔
The trade off between strength of the rivets and their weight is very intriguing. With the power of modern jet engines the added weight must not be a factor.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The reason that depleted uranium is used for anti-armor penetrators is that it is actually "self-sharpening" upon impact and it also catches fire. The long-term health and environmental risks are only a side-effect. :oops::eek:😢:rolleyes:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
On the Albany thread I mentioned listening to CKLW out of Windsor/Detroit as a youngster. That's why I'm fond of Motown. CKLW must have had a very powerful transmitter because we picked it up while traveling in West Virginia.