AP23 - Agony at Arnautovo (elite Italians? what is this madness?!)

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great back and forth scenario between elite Italians and Russians/Partisans in the snows around Arnautovo.

The highlight was my 10-2 Italian leader battle hardening (@12:15) to 10-3, then battle hardening again to become fanatic. The lowlight was my hidden 37L, 3 ROF AT gun getting a sweet point blank side shot on a passing T34...I rolled an 11. Thanks VASL! 😂

I still lost, but it was close. Italians - 12 buildings, Russians - 13 buildings. I just couldn't re-capture that last building in the final minutes.

Russian troops launched a surprise sortie against the village of Arnautovo which was held by the Italian Valchiese Battalion of the 6th Alpini Regiment and some divisional artillery. To add to the dismay of the Italian defenders, they were also beset by Russian partisans coming from the southwest. The Italian artillery gunners had to use direct fire in their desperate attempt to stave off the Russian attack. . .

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I really like this format for after action reports. Only suggestion I would have is if you had a running tally of the DR stats along the side, for interest's sake. You have some "real estate" on the screen to include it. 16930

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really like this format for after action reports. Only suggestion I would have is if you had a running tally of the DR stats along the side, for interest's sake. You have some "real estate" on the screen to include it.
That would be difficult to implement because it would mean extracting real time dice stats from the log file for each category, calculate rolling averages as the game progresses, then syncing it with the accelerated video speed.

If you made it to near the end of each video you will see an overall dice stats page for the scenario, right around the 15:04 part.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
It is a great scenario. I setup my Italians out of LOS to prevent a human wave/armored-assault on the get go for the Russians. Unlike in your case, my 10-2 failed his first MC, CR'ing and dying on the spot, bringing down his whole stack down with him of course. Fun scenario though.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
They seemed that way to me. Spent a couple months there waiting for the sub. Good times!
Couple of months! I spent about a month there one week. Lol. Actually a couple of weeks on several different occasions. I was on Coral Maru and it was almost our home port in the Med. In the winter...

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
For "fun", several of us would spend time at AFSOUTH (NATO command) and we'd get two taxis to take us back to fleet landing. We told the drivers that whoever got there first would get an extra tip. A miracle that anyone survived! As you'll likely remember, travel rules/signals in Naples are merely advisory. :)

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
For "fun", several of us would spend time at AFSOUTH (NATO command) and we'd get two taxis to take us back to fleet landing. We told the drivers that whoever got there first would get an extra tip. A miracle that anyone survived! As you'll likely remember, travel rules/signals in Naples are merely advisory. :)
Lol you got that right about the traffic! Met a Bosun's Mate stationed there who had a car and took us touring the city. Got into a fender bender at a traffic circle/roundabout. He and the Napoletano got out of the cars, looked at the minor damage, shook hands and off we went! Lmao! Major lawsuit in the U.S.🙄
No big deal there. Was briefly at the NATO base, mainly at the Naval Air Station.

As a port city for a couple thousand years Naples was well versed to ," take care " of sailors!

Loved the Italian Ices there!😋😋

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
We had a squadron holiday picnic up at Carney Park (Capodichino). Rented a motor coach to take us all up there. We boarded at the pier, the driver goes about 2 blocks, pulls over at the curb, and goes into a restaurant. XO is like "WTF"? He goes in and the driver was sitting down for lunch. It was that time of the day. XO had some Italian ancestry so an arrangement was worked out and we proceeded.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Lol you got that right about the traffic! Met a Bosun's Mate stationed there who had a car and took us touring the city. Got into a fender bender at a traffic circle/roundabout. He and the Napoletano got out of the cars, looked at the minor damage, shook hands and off we went! Lmao! Major lawsuit in the U.S.🙄
No big deal there. Was briefly at the NATO base, mainly at the Naval Air Station.

As a port city for a couple thousand years Naples was well versed to ," take care " of sailors!

Loved the Italian Ices there!😋😋
Hey Joe! :)

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
We had a squadron holiday picnic up at Carney Park (Capodichino). Rented a motor coach to take us all up there. We boarded at the pier, the driver goes about 2 blocks, pulls over at the curb, and goes into a restaurant. XO is like "WTF"? He goes in and the driver was sitting down for lunch. It was that time of the day. XO had some Italian ancestry so an arrangement was worked out and we proceeded.
Lmao! Love the casual attitude over there!😘😘🥰🥰🤗🤗🤣🤣

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yep! Quite a few interesting memories from there. The only time I ever actually ended up laying in a gutter in an alley. 🤮🤮
A few of us were doing flaming shots of tequila at a table on the sidewalk. One of the passerbys, a native of the city, was enthralled by us doing flamers. He bought us shots as long as we lit them up!!🤪🤪🤪🤮🤮🤮🤮

Also an interesting experience at the NATO base with a Greek soldier who was celebrating the victory of the U.S. Little League team from Greece, a bottle of ouzo and the team tearing up the barracks we were all staying in! 🤪🤪🤪🤮🤮🤮

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My memory of this one is having 3 partisan squads captured (I ran them forwards to eliminate the 10-2 for failure to rout so worth it) and he was running them with their half squad guard to try and reclaim some buildings. 1KIA! excellent! random selection guard 1 prisoners 6,6,6...

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I once visited Naples for a school trip--we got off the bus and were milling around outside the Archaeological Museum for about 15 minutes, over the course of which I found a shiv on the ground. My latin professor told me something like, "You know, I've been to Naples three times and I've been robbed at knife point three times."

The Archaeological Museum is neat, though.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I once visited Naples for a school trip--we got off the bus and were milling around outside the Archaeological Museum for about 15 minutes, over the course of which I found a shiv on the ground. My latin professor told me something like, "You know, I've been to Naples three times and I've been robbed at knife point three times."

The Archaeological Museum is neat, though.
But you're talking about Naples, Florida...