Routing questions

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi,

We have a unit under DM in the upper level of a single hex stone building, there is an enemy AVF in stationary bypass in the hex and another enemy AVF in an adjacent hex the opposite side to the one in bypass - does the DM’ed unit have to rout?

I think no as being in an upper story it is not ADJACENT to either of the AVF’s and can just stay where it is but not entirely sure. My assumption is based on the index defining ADJACENT as being able to hypothetically advance into its location.

Previously the bypassing AFV has turned its TCA towards the building so I think the AVF in bypass fires at the DM’ed unit with its CMG as triple point blank fire, the bow MG can’t fire as the VCA of the bypassing AVF does not include the stone building.

Are all our assumptions above correct?

Finally, the none bypassing AVF was NOT present - can the unit rout down the stairs and then out of the building the opposite side from the AVF in bypass?

Thanks in advance for any clarifications
Regards
Simon

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
At what level is the broken unit?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
If the broken unit is at Level 1 then it is ADJACENT to vehicle in bypass at ground level.

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes it is at level 1 it is in a single story stone building with a large center dot.

Our reasoning for it not being adjacent was that the bypassing unit was not ‘in’ the building so could not advance into the building and then upstairs as this would be a 2 location change but from your answers this assumption looks like it is incorrect

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If it is ADJACENT to the unit in bypass can it advance downstairs and out of the building assuming the other AVF mentioned did not exist

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Yes it is at level 1 it is in a single story stone building with a large center dot.

Our reasoning for it not being adjacent was that the bypassing unit was not ‘in’ the building so could not advance into the building and then upstairs as this would be a 2 location change but from your answers this assumption looks like it is incorrect
Being in bypass does not place the vehicle in a separate Location.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
If it is ADJACENT to the unit in bypass can it advance downstairs and out of the building assuming the other AVF mentioned did not exist
No, you can't rout ADJACENT to a Known enemy unit, unless you are leaving its Location. So the broken unit ar Level 1 is eliminated for Failure to Rout.

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ok thanks - this clears this up for me thanks as always for the great answers

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok thanks - this clears this up for me thanks as always for the great answers
Hi Simon, I see that another way to think of Klas' response and recognize your broken unit is ADJACENT to the bypassing AFV is to recognize that if your unit was in Good Order, it could advance downstairs (PAATC if needed) and engage the AFV in CC. Hence, your broken unit is Adjacent to the bypassing AFV.

Cheers

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks EJ1 - yes that really does clear it up for me in my mind - it also sorts out a subsequent question as to whether a unit in the first floor (if in good order can v CC a vehicle in bypass in its hex.

Thanks

Simon

Reactions: EJ1