LOS Question: Hill/slope/stream

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Can a unit in W9 (up-slope building hex) see INTO the V12 stream? I'm pretty brushed up on my slope rules, but this one has me flummoxed. ("Image is too large for server to process". It is LCP's Race To The Meuse map).

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
What map are you speaking of?
Can you provide an image?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What map are you speaking of?
Can you provide an image?
It's a scenario pack & must have a map included (notice the name of the pack at the end of his post). Unfortunately I don't have that pack. However, suffice it to say up-slope only garners one an additional 3/4th height increase therefore if the difference in elevation would not be 1 full level greater than the range to the target there would be no LOS to it. One can always use Tom Reptti's LOS Aid Chart for non-Cliff Crest Lines to mathematically figure it out (that one is a gem, especially for the hard ones).

Attachments

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
However, suffice it to say up-slope only garners one an additional 3/4th height increase therefore if the difference in elevation would not be 1 full level greater than the range to the target there would be no LOS to it.
Thanks, this comment above just answered it for me, especially the italicized 'full level'. The later it gets on game night, the more apt I am to not see the forest for the trees, and not see the obvious right in front of me. Imagine if you will, four hexes in an LOS-line; stream hex, ground level, ground level, level 1 hill that is also up-slope. Ordinarily, that hill hex would need to be level 2 to see INTO the stream over the two open ground hexes, but I somehow thought it also being upslope provided enough height to do so. Full level, Chris, FULL LEVEL! 🤣