Seeking PTO Playtesters for a Sangshak Project. If interested, please apply within

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen, I am currently assisting in the development of a Sangshak project for BFP. Eventually this will have a HASL map, CG and 20+ scenarios. At this juncture, we are focusing on the geo board scenarios and searching for individuals who might be interested in this fascinating prelude to the Kohima/Imphal battle, in order to do some playtesting. Live and or Live/VASL preferred. For these scenarios, which as stated above, are geo-board scenarios, there is no need for VASL extensions of special pieces. Your normal British/Japanese kit will get you there. If you are interested, please IM me in private here on Gamesquad, and I will be happy to field all inquires.
Thanks for your time,
Carl Nogueira

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen, I am currently assisting in the development of a Sangshak project for BFP. Eventually this will have a HASL map, CG and 20+ scenarios. At this juncture, we are focusing on the geo board scenarios and searching for individuals who might be interested in this fascinating prelude to the Kohima/Imphal battle, in order to do some playtesting. Live and or Live/VASL preferred. For these scenarios, which as stated above, are geo-board scenarios, there is no need for VASL extensions of special pieces. Your normal British/Japanese kit will get you there. If you are interested, please IM me in private here on Gamesquad, and I will be happy to field all inquires.
Thanks for your time,
Carl Nogueira
Carl, I can help edit as needed, but as you well know, CG's are not my cuppa. -- jim

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Carl, I can help edit as needed, but as you well know, CG's are not my cuppa. -- jim
Jim, we won't be playtesting the CG for some time. What we are looking at right now are the geo-board scenarios. Getting those play tested.
The CG rules are close, actually, but the map is still being worked on. These are stand alone going into the pack.

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
Good call picking this battle. For starters, it covers the use of Gurkha Paratroopers! As to the need for any new counters, having read Harry Seaman's account of the battle, I think you could consider ... elephants!

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The elephants weren’t in the battle. They were used to haul the mountain guns

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for your time,
Carl Nogueira
Seriously Carl, sounds like a very worthy project and wish you and Chas well in bringing this to the ASL Community.

I will definitely purchase a copy, Vic.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
that is ok, just imagine: pack counters on elephants! the backside of the counter could be camels...
Or guys with brooms. We are in an elephant free zone here gentlemen. ;-)

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seriously Carl, sounds like a very worthy project and wish you and Chas well in bringing this to the ASL Community.

I will definitely purchase a copy, Vic.
Tip of the hat to Keith Hathaway, who has been doing the research/original concept on this. He has really done his homework. So much so that the Kohima museum in Britain has asked him to do a presentation on the campaign virtually.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Tip of the hat to Keith Hathaway, who has been doing the research/original concept on this. He has really done his homework. So much so that the Kohima museum in Britain has asked him to do a presentation on the campaign virtually.
that is great. would he be willing and/or able to record and post to YouTube or something? I'd like to hear it