Silly After Action Report - Testis Megalos

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You sure you got the rules right on that gun surviving? :)

Many thanks for another fun AAR. You and Grumble Jones add to my ASL fun.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Woohoo! Been a long drought since we've seen a SAAR. I was gonna post something asking one of our Aussie brethren if they wouldn't mind playing Neil.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
“Lego blocks...”

Cracked me up. I raised two boys. How can so much pain inflicted so often be recalled so fondly. Thanks for triggering this memory.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
On the plus side I don't think I made any hideous rules mistakes this time.
The Gun shares the fate of the vehicle during both hooking and unhooking (C10.11). See also D5.43.

However, the crew may unload as part of the unhooking procedure and as soon as it declares the unload it becomes Infantry and not PRC and thus is not automatically affected by the attack on that vehicle (D5.43 again), unless it's an Area Target attack etc. Note that sometimes it's better to shoot at the crew while it's unloading than it is to shoot at the vehicle (depends on what's doing the shooting); you only have to pin the crew and the unhooking attempt fails.

I played this scenario at ASLOK 2008 and won comfortably as the Italians. I can't recall the exact details but some good DR may well have been involved. I don't recall thinking that there was any problem with the scenario itself.

vonTrotta

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The Gun shares the fate of the vehicle during both hooking and unhooking (C10.11). See also D5.43.

However, the crew may unload as part of the unhooking procedure and as soon as it declares the unload it becomes Infantry and not PRC and thus is not automatically affected by the attack on that vehicle (D5.43 again), unless it's an Area Target attack etc. Note that sometimes it's better to shoot at the crew while it's unloading than it is to shoot at the vehicle (depends on what's doing the shooting); you only have to pin the crew and the unhooking attempt fails.

I played this scenario at ASLOK 2008 and won comfortably as the Italians. I can't recall the exact details but some good DR may well have been involved. I don't recall thinking that there was any problem with the scenario itself.
Thanks for that, yep the gun should have been destroyed. I make no comments on the quality of the scenario. With the dice the way they were it would be impossible to get a useful opinion.