Multiple TCA changes in the same phase

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The culmination of this sleaze is shooting a VCA only AAMG to do the same thing.
This is not allowed:
ASLRB said:
D1.83 ANTI-AIRCRAFT MG (AAMG): The AAMG FP may be used either within or outside of its vehicular current TCA/VCA at no penalty; i.e., for rules purposes it is considered neither “turret-mounted” nor “bow-mounted” (3.51) [EXC: AAMG with restricted CA (e.g., German StuG IIIG or French H35) must pay the applicable Case A penalty for changing TCA/VCA as appropriate]. ...
Unless the AAMG has a fixed CA, you can't use the AAMG to turn CA, VCA or TCA. You can use the MA and CMG/BMG/SA. You could probably use the RMG but you can't fire the RMG and the MA in the same Phase so it isn't likely to change anyone's thinking. -- jim

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Don't know why not. To change the VCA/TCA to bear on the target at the same time is not an uncommon practice, especially an ATG (matter of fact that's what you're taught).
See below. This is excluded per D1.83 unless the AAMG has a fixed CA. -- jim

fanatic+1

Ryan Kent
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is not allowed:

Unless the AAMG has a fixed CA, you can't use the AAMG to turn CA, VCA or TCA. You can use the MA and CMG/BMG/SA. You could probably use the RMG but you can't fire the RMG and the MA in the same Phase so it isn't likely to change anyone's thinking. -- jim
Hence my use of the term “VCA only” AAAMG.

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Sure, if the enemy is placed for it, one could first take a three-hexside spin VCA change (+5) and shoot such an AAMG, and the just make one additional VCA change (+3) for the MA shot and the "real" target.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I seem to remember a while back there was Q and A or something that prevented the "AAMG sleaze".

In reading D3.51 all of the provisions only apply to turret or bow mounted weapons, not AAMG

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I seem to remember a while back there was Q and A or something that prevented the "AAMG sleaze".

In reading D3.51 all of the provisions only apply to turret or bow mounted weapons, not AAMG
I seem to recall the same. You can't use an AAMG for the purpose [EXC: If the AAMG has a limited CA into which it can fire without turning the vehicle.].

von Marwitz

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States

So while an AAMG is on the turret, it is not considered a "turret mounted" (D1.83). Per D3.12, it has to be a "turret-mounted" weapon to change TCA or a "turret/bow-mounted" weapon to change the VCA. -- jim

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Is it legal to change a CA to fire at a target that was already within that CA (in order to improve the firer's facing vs any attack against it)? I think so, but not sure...

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is it legal to change a CA to fire at a target that was already within that CA (in order to improve the firer's facing vs any attack against it)? I think so, but not sure...
As long as otherwise able to do so (e.g. you have not fixed your CA; you are able to use an appropriate weapon system to fire, etc.), one may always change a CA to fire at a target. COWTRA.

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
An AFV with a T turret pointing forward (same TCA as VCA) turns its VCA 2 hexspines to make an attack, paying DRM +4 for Case A. Is it allowed to turn then its TCA 1 hexspine to fire its MA at that same target with only DRM +1 for Case A? (In other words, he is changing TCA to fire at a target that he has already in his CA)

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The MA will pay the +4 once. There is a better rules reference but this is clear:

C5.12 The Case A DRM is applicable only to a Gun which made a CA
change as part of its shot. If a Gun makes a CA change and fires with a
Case A DRM and then fires again in the same phase, the Case A DRM
will not apply unless it changes its CA again for the next shot.
See D3.51 -- the better rules reference.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think @Larry's answer is for the case where the MA fires, keeps ROF, and fires again. If the attack after the VCA change was from a BMG or CMG, then the MA would pay a +5 DRM. See the D3.51 example, especially the second paragraph.

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Ok, I missed one important point, what I said is only valid when firing at another target outside the current TCA

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
An AFV with a T turret pointing forward (same TCA as VCA) turns its VCA 2 hexspines to make an attack, paying DRM +4 for Case A. Is it allowed to turn then its TCA 1 hexspine to fire its MA at that same target with only DRM +1 for Case A? (In other words, he is changing TCA to fire at a target that he has already in his CA)
Kinky.

I don't know if it's legal but if it is it gets into the Sleaze Hall of Fame on the first vote.