MMP Teasers on FB page

Bill Kohler

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Country
llUnited States
I dislike Facebook for many reasons, including the interface. I just went to MMP's Facebook page and didn't see any of those things. Is there some tunnel entrance that has to be used while in my LOS, or a 3TC I have to make in order to see these things? Or do you have a link, please? (Thanks.)

As far as I can tell, MMP shares ASL information across half-a-dozen different internet sites (Consimworld MMP forum, Consimworld ASL forum, GameSquad, Facebook, MMP's official website, BoardGameGeek, Twitter, Discord, elsewhere?)--and no one of them seems to be the definitive site for all of their information. It's a bit frustrating.

Last edited:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I
I saw today several new images from the MMP FB page about a Polish HASL, an SK Expansion Pack 3 and map of the China area bridge (name eludes me at this moment)

Just more "ASL krak" to keep us hooked.
The Bridge was for the Marco Polo Bridge and I stand by what I saw.

Besides, I've seen Chas and he's not going to slap or dance... He has a tough time walking and chewing bubble gum as well.....

Bill Kohler

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Country
llUnited States
Last edited:

Bill Kohler

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Country
llUnited States
I dislike Facebook for many reasons, including the interface. I just went to MMP's Facebook page and didn't see any of those things.
I really and truly hate the Facebook website: I've just spent several minutes trying to adjust my "news feed" (if that's what it's called). I can't figure out how to get posts presented in chronological order instead of some other funky order, I can't figure out if I'm definitely linked to MMP's facebook page, I can't be sure that--even if I am linked to MMP's page--that I'm seeing the posts I want to see instead of what Facebook's algorithm thinks I want to see, and I can't be sure that anything I post on MMP's page won't be sent to everyone I've ever friended on FB. The FB interface is downright infuriating. I understand how BGG works, and how GameSquad Forums works, and Consimworld, and MMP's website, and I even understand ASL--but I can't figure out FB.

So anyway, I greatly appreciate the effort people here take to cross-post information about ASL that's been posted only to FB: for to me, the effort required to figure FB out is just too high. (Which is a shame, cause I am interested in ASL news.)

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I really and truly hate the Facebook website: I've just spent several minutes trying to adjust my "news feed" (if that's what it's called). I can't figure out how to get posts presented in chronological order instead of some other funky order, I can't figure out if I'm definitely linked to MMP's facebook page, I can't be sure that--even if I am linked to MMP's page--that I'm seeing the posts I want to see instead of what Facebook's algorithm thinks I want to see, and I can't be sure that anything I post on MMP's won't be sent to everyone I've ever friended on FB. The FB interface is just downright infuriating. I understand how BGG works, and how GameSquad Forums works, and Consimworld, and MMP's website, and I even understand ASL--but I can't figure out FB.

So anyway, I greatly appreciate the effort people here take to cross-post information about ASL that's been posted only to FB: for to me, the effort required to figure FB out is just too high. (Which is a shame, cause I am interested in ASL news.)
Well, just quit FB altogether. I never missed it. Not that the US allows for any privacy of your data, but then at least you'll not be feeding it to one of the worst of the lot.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Bill Kohler

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Country
llUnited States
Well, just quit FB altogether. I never missed it. Not that the US allow for any privacy of your data, but then at least you'll not be feeding it to one of the worst of the lot.
Yes, there are indeed other reasons to dislike FB: privacy, bias, endless cat pictures and recycled humor, etc. I visit it as seldom as possible. But MMP also posts there, and for some other businesses that is their only web presence.

Last edited:

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Ok, i´m not on FB, but i have extracted this from MMP´s FB site:

And from Chas Argent, here's what you'll get in your WO 2021 Bonus Pack:
WO36 Dompaire Destruction
(13 September '44) Free French vs German mash-up in southern France, with beaucoup AFV (and a FB!). The Germans have to exit some Panthers while also slapping around French guys.
WO37 The Vital Hours (17 Sept '44) wherein the Brit 3rd Parachute Battalion runs into "Sepp" Kraft's SS Ersatz-Bataillon 16 on the way to Arnhem.
WO38 Three Bars of Chocolate (29 Nov 1944) has the American 84th Infantry Division and some Shermans going for a small village in the fortified "Wurm-Linden-Beeck Triangle" in Germany against Panzergrenadier-Division 15 and...Tigers! The forecast calls for rain.
And new board 14a/b.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But when will it be out? I had heard AFTER WO.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
"We are working to make this available online when Winter Offensive would have started. "

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I saw today several new images from the MMP FB page about a Polish HASL, an SK Expansion Pack 3 and map of the China area bridge (name eludes me at this moment)

Just more "ASL krak" to keep us hooked.
Will the Polish HASL be included in a reissue of the Allied Minor OB's much like the French/Italian reissues included HASL's (Dinant, Negus)? Would be nice if they just put all the allied/axis minors in one giant module instead of how they were originally issued.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Will the Polish HASL be included in a reissue of the Allied Minor OB's much like the French/Italian reissues included HASL's (Dinant, Negus)?
My guess is that both a DB re-print and this Polish HASL is well into the future that no such decision (either way) has been taken.

nekengren2

Reaction score
First name
Neal
Country
llUnited States
I really and truly hate the Facebook website:
Yes, Facebook is a disaster from a Forum point of view. Gamesquad is a great forum with threaded conversations that can be referenced into the future. I try to explain this to organizations/clubs I help with IT admin type stuff but...................too many people are entranced by their Facebook never-ending feeds. I keep my Facebook account just so I can be a member of some game groups that have no other media outlet.

Facebook just pukes stuff into your feed using algorithms you really have no control over. Good luck finding any posts/news from the past. And Facebooks blowtorch functionality is just the tip of iceberg with my problems with it.....................................