Silly After Action Report - Clash at Ponyri

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Played this myself. Couple of points (which might be wrong :))
  • The dug in T34 is a cupola and those do not set up HIP.
  • You need to get a MMG or better to board 47 I7 to put a firelane down the road.
  • MA malfunction and immobilized. They can keep going but if the MA is disabled the crew bail. That crew is then free to do what you want with them - they do not have to head for the board edge. I got style points by putting a crew from a different tank that had been destroyed in such a tank. Whether that is legal or not.......my oppponent could not find anything to say it was illegal.
  • You should have had more men up top - those two buildings up there are easy meat and it spreads out your force to get away from his OBA. It is also a good route to the tower without having to cross that road.
  • The VC's state control the TOWER LOCATION. Location per the rule book is the hex with subdivisions that do not mention a tower. Buildings yes, towers no. So you just need a good order German unit on the ground below the tower to fulfil that VC. Or drive a tank in.
Hope all that helps..................

Many thanks for another fun AAR.

Last edited:

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for another fine year of blogging mishaps, mayhem, and the occasional thing going right. SKiFF is a treat.

PS - The last scenario Neil blogged about, Armored Probe at Sidi-Nsir, will be the subject of the next Tuomofest (Tuomofest III: Tuomo and Tuomo-er). Wherein Mr. Lukkari and I will acquire enough familiarity with the scenario to retroactively shred Neil's performance to bits. Can't wait!

Last edited:

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for another fine year of blogging mishaps, mayhem, and the occasional thing going right. SKiFF is a treat.

PS - The last scenario Neil blogged about, Armored Probe at Sidi-Nsir, will be the subject of the next Tuomofest (Tuomofest III: Tuomo and Tuomo-er). Wherein Mr. Lukkari and I will acquire enough familiarity with the scenario to retroactively shred Neil's performance to bits. Can't wait!
I like to think of you two as the real Tuomo and the fake Tuomo. Second place (or in this case appearance in my life) is just the first loser (sorry fake Tuomo). -- jim

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like to think of you two as the real Tuomo and the fake Tuomo. Second place (or in this case appearance in my life) is just the first loser (sorry fake Tuomo). -- jim
In the future, all Gamesquad handles will be changed to some variation of ‘Tuomo’ for all users. I’m gonna go first and be Tuomo The Magnificent.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some of us are born to be Tuomo
And some of us have the mantle of Tuomoness thrust upon them.

As I have hinted at previously, Mr. Lukkari handles things for his half of the world and I take over somewhere around the Azores, I believe. Coverage is spotty at times; check with your local provider for restrictions and availabilities.

vonTrotta

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Played this myself. Couple of points (which might be wrong :))
  • The dug in T34 is a cupola and those do not set up HIP.
  • You need to get a MMG or better to board 47 I7 to put a firelane down the road.
  • MA malfunction and immobilized. They can keep going but if the MA is disabled the crew bail. That crew is then free to do what you want with them - they do not have to head for the board edge. I got style points by putting a crew from a different tank that had been destroyed in such a tank. Whether that is legal or not.......my oppponent could not find anything to say it was illegal.
  • You should have had more men up top - those two buildings up there are easy meat and it spreads out your force to get away from his OBA. It is also a good route to the tower without having to cross that road.
  • The VC's state control the TOWER LOCATION. Location per the rule book is the hex with subdivisions that do not mention a tower. Buildings yes, towers no. So you just need a good order German unit on the ground below the tower to fulfil that VC. Or drive a tank in.
Hope all that helps..................

Many thanks for another fun AAR.
Thanks for the tips. The dug in T-34 got HIP per SSR. I've got to admit I did not know about the tower location rules. At one point I did have a German squad in there but since I didn't get enough buildings I don't think it matters.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tuo-mo, or not Tuo-mo. THAT is the question.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I believe the wounded leader could move with the radio, but only spend 2 MF instead of 3.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correction - after 2.5 turns of the Axis coming onboard and breaking things while the French rolled low, we're gonna call this one a dicefest and move on. Might do a GS AAR thread about it, but there wasn't enough play to warrant a full feature in IR.