Berserk Charge

cwillmer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,

I am having a brain lock, a senior moment (perhaps morphing into a senior minute), etc. etc.

An MMC is Berserk. At the start of his MPh there is one enemy unit in LOS (in hex Z) so he must charge hex Z which he cannot reach in his MPh. Before his next MPh the enemy unit is no longer in hex Z (he's been eliminated, gone to Disney Land, whatever). At the start of his next MPh there are no other enemy units in LOS so he must continue to charge hex Z. When he arrives in hex Z there are no enemy units in his LOS so he returns to normal status.

Correct?

Now assume that upon arrival in hex Z there is an enemy unit in LOS (call it hex A). The berserk unit must now charge hex A.

Correct?

I've only been playing this game for decades but sometimes the thing you know becomes the thing you're no longer sure of. Or I'm just having a mental challenge watching a berserk Marine charging the length of the BRT map from one empty hex to another.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,

I am having a brain lock, a senior moment (perhaps morphing into a senior minute), etc. etc.

An MMC is Berserk. At the start of his MPh there is one enemy unit in LOS (in hex Z) so he must charge hex Z which he cannot reach in his MPh. Before his next MPh the enemy unit is no longer in hex Z (he's been eliminated, gone to Disney Land, whatever). At the start of his next MPh there are no other enemy units in LOS so he must continue to charge hex Z. When he arrives in hex Z there are no enemy units in his LOS so he returns to normal status.

Correct?

Now assume that upon arrival in hex Z there is an enemy unit in LOS (call it hex A). The berserk unit must now charge hex A.

Correct?

I've only been playing this game for decades but sometimes the thing you know becomes the thing you're no longer sure of. Or I'm just having a mental challenge watching a berserk Marine charging the length of the BRT map from one empty hex to another.
Sounds good

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sounds right. With careful planning, and reasonable luck, you can lead a berserk wounded leader round by the nose to activate all your reserve units in a CG. Did this in Festung Budapest once. It was glorious. The poor guy never quite reached anyone to attack.