Dogfight: have you ever done one in ASL

Have you ever done an aerial dogfight in ASL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Have you ever done an aerial dogfight in ASL? I can't ever recall one in all the playing I did. If you have a description would be appreciated and most likely quite interesting.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Yes I have. I have even shot down a Russian FB with a Stuka rear gunner.

"If a FB rolls an Original Aerial Combat DR of 11 while attacking a Stuka, it is assumed to have been hit by the Stuka’s rear gunner. If the colored dr of the Original 11 DR was a 6, it is eliminated; otherwise it is Damaged. Aerial Combat DR are subject to the following cumulative DRM:"

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yes I have. I have even shot down a Russian FB with a Stuka rear gunner.

"If a FB rolls an Original Aerial Combat DR of 11 while attacking a Stuka, it is assumed to have been hit by the Stuka’s rear gunner. If the colored dr of the Original 11 DR was a 6, it is eliminated; otherwise it is Damaged. Aerial Combat DR are subject to the following cumulative DRM:"
Very well done!! Thanks for the input.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Had a dogfight in Hill 275.something (that Kursk gig with the burning Panthers for Gacked start DRs) or other against Pete Shelling. I wuz counting on my Stukas to kill that one damn KV back on the hill that I needed to win. He had one fighter that shot down one Stuka and chased off the last Stuka on his ROF shot.

I wuz choking back sobs for the rest of the weekend.

Correction, it wuz Wild Bill Hayward that dashed my hopes of victory with ROF with his one Russian fighter.

Last edited:

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Aircraft are usually allocated to one side, so it is certainly rare to have a dogfight potential. I did have a dogfight years ago, but I do not recall the scenario nor results. However, I do like FB when given 'em! =)

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I actually have had quite a few. BFP offers many scenarios where both sides get them. Attacking stukas is a slaughter--unless, of course, you roll boxcars! Sturmoviks always kick my butt, however.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I actually have had quite a few. BFP offers many scenarios where both sides get them. Attacking stukas is a slaughter--unless, of course, you roll boxcars! Sturmoviks always kick my butt, however.
It seems as if air support for both sides is much more common in TPPs than in AH scenarios. Not sure about MMP.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lone Canuck's OB has air support available for both sides. If you play the CG then dogfights are very likely
It seems as if air support for both sides is much more common in TPPs than in AH scenarios. Not sure about MMP.
Agreed to both. I also forgot about Dinant. French air support without bombs always make me shy away from their purchases in CGs with the French, however.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I have but it was at least 25-30 years ago and cannot remember the outcome

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yes, in Ozerekya Bay CG. It was so amazing that I don't have any recollection of it except that it happened. :sleep:
Not to worry. I don't have a recollection of most ASL stuff that happened to me.☹☹??

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I have engaged in a dog fight. I have also managed to damage a plane on a strafing run which was about to do bad things to a group of AFV's some idiot (i.e. me) left lined up along a hex-grain. I had one MG right near that could conduct AA fire. That was a pretty timely 1,1. :) -- jim

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played a scenario in Desert Mini at ASLOK. German FB vs Observation Plane. Opponent claimed you I not dog fight vs unarmed plane. I contended that an ME-109 would vaporize unarmed observation plane. I could not believe how deep I had to dive into the rules to find how to resolve dog fight vs. Observation Plane, but the rules actually exist for this situation.

This was one of Pete's designs where purchases are allowed 'A Line in the Sand'