Who's in charge of vASL ?

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I need to drop them a short line. Can anyone confirm please who I contact?

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No one is in charge. We are a Pythonic anarcho-syndicalist commune.

Seriously, it is open-source and people work on what they want. I am probably handling most of the coding aspect at present. And Al Cannamore has been doing a lot on counters and overlaps. The map cabal involves a bunch of folks.

You can certainly PM me and I can put you in touch with others if it is not something I am able to help you with.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
No one is in charge. We are a Pythonic anarcho-syndicalist commune.

Seriously, it is open-source and people work on what they want. I am probably handling most of the coding aspect at present. And Al Cannamore has been doing a lot on counters and overlaps. The map cabal involves a bunch of folks.

You can certainly PM me and I can put you in touch with others if it is not something I am able to help you with.
Thanks mate.

It's a really straightforward thing. I want to run our ASL tournament next month, normally in Blackpool, on VASL and just wanted to drop someone a line out of courtesy to let them know and check that this is OK.

I'm sure it will be, but I try to avoid presumtuousness/taking things for granted.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks mate.

It's a really straightforward thing. I want to run our ASL tournament next month, normally in Blackpool, on VASL and just wanted to drop someone a line out of courtesy to let them know and check that this is OK.

I'm sure it will be, but I try to avoid presumtuousness/taking things for granted.
A number of tournaments have already done so including one that I participated in. I see no reason why you couldn't. I will not give permission because it is not mine to give.

VASL is there to be used.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Plus taxes, fees, delivery charges, setup and teardown, VAT, GAT, GANTT, local Union dues, St. Bartholomew Blessing expenses, local and national airspace rental, Security, Concessions, Key Grip, et cetera, et cetera, ET CETERA.

And that doesn't even begin to cover the Map Elves. That's not our area of expertise, but trust us, you don't want to piss off the Map Elves.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Plus taxes, fees, delivery charges, setup and teardown, VAT, GAT, GANTT, local Union dues, St. Bartholomew Blessing expenses, local and national airspace rental, Security, Concessions, Key Grip, et cetera, et cetera, ET CETERA.

And that doesn't even begin to cover the Map Elves. That's not our area of expertise, but trust us, you don't want to piss off the Map Elves.
Oh, and The Boys wanted to point out it'd be a damn shame, really a damn, damn, shame, if the dice bot acted up that weekend.
Recalcitrant Elves, Trolls and Gnomes? There is a solution:

I think it was a British professor, though not from Blackpool, who came up with this...

von Marwitz

Last edited:

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
sfx: creaky hinge as slightly opened trap door slowly closes. Dissolve camera transition from floor view of closing trap door to zoomed out shot of a dirty VASL Elf dressed in rags standing on a wooden ladder, obviously having just closed the trap door. Camera slow zoom in on the bewildered face... and “Action!”

VASL Elf (whispered in surprised realization and amazement): “One million pounds? A million pounds?? He’s getting paid for this!”

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Speaking of various fantastical beasts, are the cave trolls the ones tasked with testing new maps? Board 85 might be in need of some quality assurance testing soon, and nothing says quality like a cave troll (if they could speak, that is).

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Speaking of various fantastical beasts, are the cave trolls the ones tasked with testing new maps? Board 85 might be in need of some quality assurance testing soon, and nothing says quality like a cave troll (if they could speak, that is).
I think bd85 Is pretty close to being test worthy. Thanks for volunteering. I’ll be in touch.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I think bd85 Is pretty close to being test worthy. Thanks for volunteering. I’ll be in touch.
As bd85 and bdFrFA (Friendly Fire) are identical with regard to the terrain, you can use bdFrFA either to play or as a template for bd85 as far as I can tell. The only difference should be the the '85' imprint instead of 'FrFA' I guess.

I just happened to prepare a VASL file for FrF51 'Bite of the Bassotto' which is just shipping as BoF19 as part of the new 'Best of Friends' pack by MMP. BdFrFA is in use for the former, bd85 for the latter. VC and OoBs are identical.

von Marwitz